8 o’clock clappers

Took me granny a bag of shopping earlier, forgot to film the fucker. Waste of time that was
We can do a re-enactment using a stunt double. If we could possibly have you manoeuvring in some sort of Platoon style on delivery then that would be great.
Also, if we run some credits on the video too we should get some work from it.

Ah is this the non political thread about this? Wish I'd been here earlier instead as it was f***ing embarrassing and pathetic what went on in the other thread. Saying that a lot of the threads in the Coronavirus forum end up with political bollocks and some just couldn't resist.

I'll share these few videos here I posted in the other thread as I'm sure they'll be appreciated in here and not end up with some knacker bitching on about some boring political shite.

Absolutely class. Been here nearly 5 year and met and spoke to neighbours I didn't know I had. Think the Italians and Spanish are doing it every night. Great idea if it brings the community spirit out in more people. Also gives some of the folk living alone to chat to someone ,from a distance, which they wouldn't have the chance to. Me and our lass will be doing it tomorrow again. Stay safe all.
I don't know if it's every night abroad (Italy & Spain maybe) but if it was here nightly then people will soon lose interest and then get sick of it or the other few still doing it. Once a week would be areet I reckon as it would mean even more of a join in just for the 1 night. This video is canny as it shows it's already been done in Italy, Spain, France, Germany, Turkey, Serbia.

Last edited by a moderator:
Fantastic. 👍👍

On the flip side, I was talking to a receptionist at the docs the other day, and she was quite upset & told me because of the overworked doctors and nurses, some patients were slow to be treated, and they threatened the receptionist with violence and called her worse than shit.
I called back into the docs with a big bar of chocolate for her, just to reassure her, the vast majority of patients realised her and the staff were doing a great job, under very difficult circumstances, and that their efforts were greatly appreciated.
The poor lass was almost in tears that I'd took the trouble to recognise her efforts.

Adversity often brings out the best in people, but it sadly sometimes brings out the worst in others.
I’ll be the first to put my hands up and say there were times I lost my temper with some of the staff. The NHS is people, and people make mistakes. Mistakes were made with us and it’s annoying, frustrating and bloody scary. One in particular would have killed my sonif I hadn’t had caught it before it happened. I can understand people being stressed and angry, a lot of the time they’re dealing with people in their darkest hour.

that said, I realise we’re luckier than 99% on this planet to have what we have And I’m truly grateful for the path the NHS has set us on. I speak to families in the US with my sons condition and they are literally millions of dollars in debt to hospitals

Just after we were discharged she left for another caring type of job, but 6 months later she knew we were back in so came to see us as a visitor. I’ve just sent her a message to say she and the kindness she showed us all hasn’t been forgotten.
Heartwarming that mate, love out like that nurses really are worth their weight in gold. Other side of the coin, hopefully a very small minority (cernts),in France have been leaving notes on nurses cars asking them not to park their cars in the street as it could carry virus.Also cases of people having notes pinned to the door saying please leave the apartment block we know where you work and don't want you here.Was on bfm tv tonight, ffs what is wrong with some people?can understand concern but there's limits.You must be past yourself with the bairn hope all is going well.Stay safe.

Heartwarming that mate, love out like that nurses really are worth their weight in gold. Other side of the coin, hopefully a very small minority (cernts),in France have been leaving notes on nurses cars asking them not to park their cars in the street as it could carry virus.Also cases of people having notes pinned to the door saying please leave the apartment block we know where you work and don't want you here.Was on bfm tv tonight, ffs what is wrong with some people?can understand concern but there's limits.You must be past yourself with the bairn hope all is going well.Stay safe.
We’re hearing shit stories like that here mate, but we’re hearing vast amounts of lovely stories too. I’m an optimist I’d like to think we all come out of this better people.

my son is doing amazingly atm but his condition means any second he could regress. I’ve got everything crossed it’s not during this time.

I’ll be the first to put my hands up and say there were times I lost my temper with some of the staff. The NHS is people, and people make mistakes. Mistakes were made with us and it’s annoying, frustrating and bloody scary. One in particular would have killed my sonif I hadn’t had caught it before it happened. I can understand people being stressed and angry, a lot of the time they’re dealing with people in their darkest hour.

that said, I realise we’re luckier than 99% on this planet to have what we have And I’m truly grateful for the path the NHS has set us on. I speak to families in the US with my sons condition and they are literally millions of dollars in debt to hospitals
Agreed mate, and as you say, the staff of the NHS, just like you and me, are only human, and occasionally liable to make mistakes under intense pressure.
Neanderthals threatening a receptionist with violence, won't make her do her job any more efficiently imo.
In fact it's likely to have the opposite effect, and make her a bag of nerves when dealing with patients.

Very best wishes to your son for the future 🤞

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed mate, and as you say, the staff of the NHS, just like you and me, are only human, and occasionally liable to make mistakes under intense pressure.
Neanderthals threatening a receptionist with violence, won't make her do her job any more efficiently imo.
In fact it's likely to have the opposite effect, and make her a bag of nerves when dealing with patients.

Very best wishes to your son for the future 🤞
On the back of this thread, I text her to catch up, she replied straight away and ended up me saying all of her family are welcome over on a weekend for food/bbq, drinks to say thank you and to see my son when this craziness is over :lol:

On the back of this thread, I text her to catch up, she replied straight away and ended up me saying all of her family are welcome over on a weekend for food/bbq, drinks to say thank you and to see my son when this craziness is over :lol:
Fantastic
👏👏👏👏

You're not that crazy mate ;)

Loud and proud here and they should be applauded... Always. The NHS is the thing which sets us apart from most of the world.

In future instead of clapping and recording it for Facebook simply vote for a government that will fund it properly
Don't you live in the Emirates?

No street parties for Royal stuff up here ever, quiet for the 11th hour of course, but never seen a scene of community outpouring. Even in the quiet little bit we live in, mostly empty with tourists all absent - the applause was belting out and someone blasted out YNWA. Very impressive.

I first read that as NWA .
Preferred Public Enemy myself .

I joined in but it did as much good as when the Victorians did when they prayed for those involved in the cholera epidemics. Why not campaign for this mob to provide EVERYONE in the front line to have proper protection. Don’t forget the last time this government cheered for NHS workers it was because they refused those same people a pay rise. People are so f*cking stupid.

I joined in but it did as much good as when the Victorians did when they prayed for those involved in the cholera epidemics. Why joinednot campaign for this mob to provide EVERYONE in the front line to have proper protection. Don’t forget the last time this government cheered for NHS workers it was because they refused those same people a pay rise. People are so f*cking stupid.
🤔🤔

Back