8 o’clock clappers

A lot of fireworks going off around Castledawson, nice sight to see too, filmed it on my phone and stuck it on Twitte. Some canny videos on there.

Not an NHS worker but do work in a home. Going to be very weird walking home after my next shift if that's happening every night.
Its quite overwhelming hearing of the support everyone has for those of us still on the front line or whatever they're calling it..

Too many not staying two metres apart.
I appreciate the importance of thanking our NHS workers and joined in the applause with a handful of folks out in my street in Farra as I was coming home from walking the mutt. When I saw the last knockings of this event around the country on the telly it looked like social distancing guidelines had gone to fuck 😲😷!

Hope there is a clap for the rest of the key workers, they deserve just as much praise. Whatever way it gets looked at, they risk their lives to provide a service to the public.

And at a time like this, that's scary as fuck for them. My partner being one of them, and she dreads going into work every morning.

Absolutely class. Been here nearly 5 year and met and spoke to neighbours I didn't know I had. Think the Italians and Spanish are doing it every night. Great idea if it brings the community spirit out in more people. Also gives some of the folk living alone to chat to someone ,from a distance, which they wouldn't have the chance to. Me and our lass will be doing it tomorrow again. Stay safe all.

Back