8 Days to the Moon and back

He's taking the piss as he doesn't think we went.

Isn't that what you do, listen to the nutters and go with their narrative?

Like how you think 9/11 was an inside job. And how Bin Laden being killed is bullshit?
lets see bin laden body after that "raid" , wheres the pictures wheres the body

lets see bin laden body after that "raid" , wheres the pictures wheres the body

Well we had footage of planes hitting the towers and that wasn't enough....

Didn't a pic of him after emerge? Or was that a fake?

Iirc you said he was dead long before the raid. Got any proof of such a claim?

It seems you are onboard with every conspiracy theory going.

Last edited:
I've never questioned the authenticity of the NASA Moon landings and yet now that the 50th anniversary is coming up, for the first time I'm actually starting to doubt that it was true - I think the technology, albeit primitive could have taken people to the moon in 1969, but I don't believe it was capable of bringing them back - I doubt anyone that was alive at the time will ever know the truth

Well we had footage of planes hitting the towers and that wasn't enough....

Didn't a pic of him after emerge? Or was that a fake?

Iirc you said he was dead long before the raid. Got any proof of such a claim?

It seems you are onboard with every conspiracy theory going.
he was a sick man around the time of 9/11 having kidney treatment (in a saudi hospital i believe) , how could he go on the run for years and still get treatment ? , all you have is the claims on professional liars in the US administration

What a crock of shit. So they got there with less technology then an iPhone has yet cannot even figure out how to get back now.
The moon landings weren’t faked. They were a combination of extremely clever people with an unlimited budget and a load of good fortune.

I don’t get the approach of ‘we can’t get to the moon now so how could we then’. This isn’t true. I’m quite sure we could get to the moon, it just isn’t economically viable.
It’s estimated that the program cost the USA 200 billion dollars... reality is we could do it again but right now we don’t need to.

Last edited:
he was a sick man around the time of 9/11 having kidney treatment (in a saudi hospital i believe) , how could he go on the run for years and still get treatment ? , all you have is the claims on professional liars in the US administration

Who said he was a sick man unable to go on the run?

An amusing story but unfortunately until we start too see some of these aliens shaking hands with humans or walking on the moon then it remains pure sci fi

However it is surely Wrong to believe that we are the only intelligent beings in the entire solar system
We’re the only planet in the Goldilocks zone.

If there’s intelligent life out there (almost certainly is) then it’s in another solar system. How close is the next solar system?

Is it possible to travel at, or near, the speed of light?

Last edited:
I've never questioned the authenticity of the NASA Moon landings and yet now that the 50th anniversary is coming up, for the first time I'm actually starting to doubt that it was true - I think the technology, albeit primitive could have taken people to the moon in 1969, but I don't believe it was capable of bringing them back - I doubt anyone that was alive at the time will ever know the truth
Why not? What’s harder about coming back than going?

Why not? What’s harder about coming back than going?
I was only a kid in 1969 and I’ve believed it was true all my life until very recently - I just can’t see how we had the ability to land on the moon and come back given the primitive technology of that time - Colour TV was in it’s infancy - car audio’s best shot was an 8 track player, Computers with the processing power of of less than an Apple Watch needed to be housed in small townships yet we sent a series of rockets nearly half a million miles on return trips to the moon - it just doesn’t stack up to me I’m afraid

I was only a kid in 1969 and I’ve believed it was true all my life until very recently - I just can’t see how we had the ability to land on the moon and come back given the primitive technology of that time - Colour TV was in it’s infancy - car audio’s best shot was an 8 track player, Computers with the processing power of of less than an Apple Watch needed to be housed in small townships yet we sent a series of rockets nearly half a million miles on return trips to the moon - it just doesn’t stack up to me I’m afraid
No hang on, you said you can believe we got there, but can’t believe we came back. Why? What’s harder than coming back?

Oh, and I can recommend the podcast “13 minutes to the moon” if you want some answers.

No hang on, you said you can believe we got there, but can’t believe we came back. Why? What’s harder than coming back?

Oh, and I can recommend the podcast “13 minutes to the moon” if you want some answers.
I believe that there might be a million to once chance that we could get there but to get there and back half a dozen times in an age when we couldn’t build a reliable car or a TV just seems a bit unfeasible to me

The massive leap in technology between merely getting a human into space to moonshots in a few years seems impossible to me

It is so sad that one of humankind’s greatest achievements can not be discussed without half the posts doubting if it ever existed. The evidence that the multiple landings happened is massive. To cover it up and keep the myth for half a century would be virtually impossible. Especially when you consider the rival nations involved. It was tracked from so many different countries. You also have to think about things like Apollo 13. If we could not get to the moon, why fake that and what was in the sky being tracked by the massive dishes we have across the earth?

Recently the landing sites have been imaged by the lunar reconnaissance orbiter. Why did someone decide to send something to map the moon in great detail then fake the landing sites on it? Why would a mission from China recently verify it happened when China would love to discredit the US?

Some people think every space mission is faked, even the ISS, and you can see that! It is a case of say it enough times and now so many people believe it was faked. Such a pity.

It basically comes down to what sort of world you want to live in and what sort of person you want to be. When you consider the amount of people working in the global space industry the coverup would be massive. Do you want to be the sort of person who celebrates human achievement or a paranoid person who feels everyone is lying to you, out to trick you, out to get you, for no particular gain?

Just look at what we have achieved and enjoy it. The world and Universe around us is amazing and we are only just discovering how amazing it is. There is so much more to learn, why would you chose to ignore it as lies?

Besides, there is serious talk about returning to the moon as a staging post for a Mars mission. If we do, there are going to be so many people looking at themselves disappointed for believing the stories that the landings were faked.

Thanks for the tip-off about this. Watched it over my last two dinner breaks. It was a bit of a slow starting documentary, but the rest was excellent. Rather than have someone talking over the top of it or it being half about the presenter, it seemed to tell the human story.

I don't know how many delays they put in for dramatic effect, but I thought the scene just after touchdown was excellent. It made me think, we might go to Mars, we might go to some of the moons of Jupiter and Saturn, we might even go to another solar system. But, that moment when they cut the engines and looked out the window in the silence at where they have landed. I never appreciated they must have been thinking "no human has ever done this or will ever do this again", set down on solid ground somewhere other than Earth for the first time. Imagine the magnitude of that going through their minds?

Completely agree, started listening to this the other day, fantastic, getting ready for the final one where its just the commentary

Went to watch Apollo 11 last night in the iMax at Silverlink, that also explains a lot of things and was a fantastic showing, was engrossed from start to finish, something that if anyone can still watch before it disappears, watch it on the biggest screen you can in the loudest cinema you can as well

Back