8 ball overs

Status
Not open for further replies.

it was a good laugh as mikey was trying to explain the potential time saved, which flummoxed Nasser altogether

As I alluded to in the match thread, harsher punishments for slow over rates would improve the game. No need for 8 ball overs if they cut out all the f***ing about.

County cricketers seem able to manage 96 overs in a day, so why can't Test players do 90?
it's all the fannying on with all these extra drinks breaks, waiting until the overs are started to bring in a short leg, leading to three min delays, getting all the safety gear on

at least 40 mins wasted piss farting about as described above

No thanks.

They'll be requesting baseball gloves for fielders and other nonsense next.

As Brandon says, give captains an actual incentive to ensure their side gets through their overs, and that's that.

The North East Midweek League plays 16 8-ball overs. It's canny to get as much play in as possible for club sides on an evening but that's as far as it goes. In my experience, when the odd wide results in a 10 ball over, that is hard work!

Sheffield Midweek Alliance plays 12x 8 ball overs a side midweek.

Reason for it being 12 overs is the nightmare of travelling across Town at rush hour. The league once had 12 divisions back in the day, now it's down to 4 and they are mainly Asian teams that lease grounds and play on the Matting.
No bowler can bowl more than 3 overs.

Every over you start that is behind the over-rate (with a certain amount of Umpire discretion for unexpected events), five extras added to the batting side's total.

Problem would be solved by tomorrow morning.

Every over you start that is behind the over-rate (with a certain amount of Umpire discretion for unexpected events), five extras added to the batting side's total.

Problem would be solved by tomorrow morning.

I'm all for this.

My own idea would be something like 10 runs given to the batting side for every over not bowled in a day. Yours is a fine idea though, I'm happy with either :cool:.

I'm all for this.

My own idea would be something like 10 runs given to the batting side for every over not bowled in a day. Yours is a fine idea though, I'm happy with either :cool:.

Gives them a chance to catch up and also could be a brutal punishment.

30 overs in a 2 hour session is 4 minutes per over. If you haven't started the 2nd over by 11.05 then 5 runs away, 3rd over by 11.09 and so on. Potentially 445 runs to play for. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back