7th March Stats

BBC 10pm News just now

deaths reported today 82 then We are told “numbers are usually low at weekends due to delays in registration”, no mention that it’s down from 144 last Sunday nor that it’s the 1st time below 100 since October

They don’t help do they!
I mean, why would they point out the positives! The media have been shocking throughout.

As the Nation pulled together in this shite - the media have been pulling in the opposite direction.

We won’t forget.

I hope you're right but I suspect people will forget. Sky news and the daily mail have both been shocking during this whole pandemic. BBC haven't covered themselves with glory either

Given those figures are so low and will be close to zero in some areas it would be the ideal time for some sort of tier based system to help things open up quicker in areas with little to no covid...
That was one of the problems last time , North Yorkshire was clear and in Tier 2 , and they got hammered with visitors from Tier 3. Led to a lot of cases blowing up ib Stokesley , Great Ayton, Whitby etc , and sadly some deaths.
All because Tier 3ers couldnt keep away and had to get to the seaside or the restaraunts.

I wouldn’t say tier 2 meant they were “clear”. In fact Leeds and Harrogate were more or less the same at the end of the second lockdown, but Leeds got lumped in with Bradford and Calderdale as one greater West Yorkshire area and put in tier 3

What a bizarre thing to say.

The way some of the chat on here has been about the figures has been way too casual, like they were discussing racehorse form for the 315 at Haydock. I'm sure it's not what people truly mean but it seems really insensitive when they say they're really please about 'x'' amount of deaths.

I’m not certain that they should be making it out as a huge positive. If one of those 82 was a relative and everybody was shouting what a result it would piss me off.
It is a huge positive. That is the daily deaths that would occur in February in a moderately bad flu year. Massively positive in comparison to what would normally happen. Is a cut in, say, cancer deaths by 50%, not fantastic news even though people are still dying with cancer?
The way some of the chat on here has been about the figures has been way too casual, like they were discussing racehorse form for the 315 at Haydock. I'm sure it's not what people truly mean but it seems really insensitive when they say they're really please about 'x'' amount of deaths.
Deaths in care homes are below normal for the time of year. Is this not great news and something to be happy about in comparison to what could be happening? People are still dying though.

Last edited:

Back