650D announced

Status
Not open for further replies.

phew, my 7D is still massively valid.. the 650D looks like a massive gimmick to me.. has built in HDR and touch screen.. ffs, you can run filters in camera as well.. :neutral:

Yeah I have only had the 60D since october and that doesn't make me want to upgrade. The 5Dmkiii also has HDR in camera, but as it processes in camera it takes ages after the shot to process it, so HDR timelapse would take even longer than it already does

I am not buying one until you can add the moon and ducks and things in automatically with the HDR.

As part of Canon's EOS system, the EOS 650D is compatible with the world's most comprehensive selection of lenses and accessories. Over 60 EF lenses cover everything from wide-angle and macro to extreme telephoto, and countless accessories provide the tools to meet virtually any creative challenge.

Surely this is BS - to make a statement like this and then quantify it with a statement of "over 60 EF lenses" smacks of utter stupidity.

As part of Canon's EOS system, the EOS 650D is compatible with the world's most comprehensive selection of lenses and accessories. Over 60 EF lenses cover everything from wide-angle and macro to extreme telephoto, and countless accessories provide the tools to meet virtually any creative challenge.

Surely this is BS - to make a statement like this and then quantify it with a statement of "over 60 EF lenses" smacks of utter stupidity.

They could probably scrap most of them aswell TBF. Pretty sure when you include all the other brands it's 300+ lens, and that's not including proprietary systems like LensBaby.

Yeah I have only had the 60D since october and that doesn't make me want to upgrade. The 5Dmkiii also has HDR in camera, but as it processes in camera it takes ages after the shot to process it, so HDR timelapse would take even longer than it already does

A 650D wouldn't be an upgrade from a 60D though would it. The XX0D range is firmly aimed at the newbie.

A 650D wouldn't be an upgrade from a 60D though would it. The XX0D range is firmly aimed at the newbie.

I'd think more enthusiast than newbie, got to be too expensive for a newbie who would probably start with something more basic/secondhand. Maybe new to dslr after having a decent bridge or compact camera. I might be talking shit tho!

The 400D is what I still have, but my hands are small :lol:

Had it for over 5 years now and its still going strong (touches wood).

I think the XXX0D range is aimed at newbies
The XX0D range at enthusiasts
The X0D at rich enthusiasts and poor professionals
and the XD range at flash bastards with too much money ;)

The 400D is what I still have, but my hands are small :lol:

Had it for over 5 years now and its still going strong (touches wood).

I think the XXX0D range is aimed at newbies
The XX0D range at enthusiasts
The X0D at rich enthusiasts and poor professionals
and the XD range at flash bastards with too much money ;)

I think the 7d fits into your second last category Rog - the 5dmkII and 1D family is the pro kit, the rest for us plebs. Got to be honest, I've played with a camera in every section of the Canon lineup, and would happily use them all. Better than this Noink and Sony shite ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back