60 people shot in mass shooting at Indianaopolis FedEx facility

The horse has bolted unfortunately, BIden is introducing some sensible gun laws that are supported by the majority. Trump made it easier to get bump stocks and AR15s etc. BIden is trying to close that loophole
I absolutely support any measure like this, and gun control in general, but I think the gun control discussion might obscure (here, anyway, wouldn't claim to know about in the US which you'd know much better than I) the huge question of: why do so many people want to kill, and take steps to kill, large numbers of other people.

Oh shut up man FFS. Obama's hands were tied because while the democrats had the house, the republicans had the senate. He was blocked at almost every turn.
Their politics is about as ridiculous as ours, but in a different way.

9/11 happened while Republican George W Bush was in power. Arguably him trying to finish off what his Dad did while president made a lot of things worse

No no, I'm sure the white nationalists are right and the prevalence of gun violence is the fault of the black President

I absolutely support any measure like this, and gun control in general, but I think the gun control discussion might obscure (here, anyway, wouldn't claim to know about in the US which you'd know much better than I) the huge question of: why do so many people want to kill, and take steps to kill, large numbers of other people.

Why do you have that gun?
For protection
From what or whom?

I need it to protect my home.
An assault rifle? Why?!

What's wrong with locks and a burglar alarm?

Why do you have that gun?
For protection
From what or whom?

I need it to protect my home.
An assault rifle? Why?!

What's wrong with locks and a burglar alarm?
In the sticks I understand it like, you could be miles away from emergency services. But if they didn't have the 2nd amendment in the first place these tiny towns would be safer anyway.

I love and admire your optimism but really, no.

A man going into a primary school and killing 20 6-7 year olds didn't change their gun laws in any meaningful way. A man shooting from a hotel window in Las Vegas killed 60 and injured over 400, and that didn't either.

There's something deeply broken in that country and it's not just about gun laws.

Mentioned this in another thread, they've had guns forever but it was until the 1970s that mass killings started becoming a regular phenomenon.

It's absolutely pointless debating the gun laws in that country. They'll never change. It's just gonna be easier to accept the fact that shit like this happens once every few months and just get on with our lives.

FWIW I'm not defending the second amendment as I think it's archaic lunacy. I just don't think it'll ever change unfortunately.

It's more than once every few months too mate. The fact that there's so many that go unnoticed shows how much of a problem it is.

January: 35 Mass Shootings, 29 dead, 145 wounded.
February: 43 Mass Shootings, 49 dead, 152 wounded.
March: 48 Mass Shootings, 70 dead, 188 wounded.
April (so far): 24 Mass Shootings, 40 dead, 84+ injured.

It's more than once every few months too mate. The fact that there's so many that go unnoticed shows how much of a problem it is.

January: 35 Mass Shootings, 29 dead, 145 wounded.
February: 43 Mass Shootings, 49 dead, 152 wounded.
March: 48 Mass Shootings, 70 dead, 188 wounded.
April (so far): 24 Mass Shootings, 40 dead, 84+ injured.

Fair enough. As @chunkylover53 says though, they don't want to change it so it hardly registers on my radar now. It sounds horrendous now that I've typed it but it's quite literally been done to death. It's not gonna change so this is something they'll just need to get used to.

Brandon Hole 19 year old former employee identified as the killer
His mother had reported him to the police and federal authorities as someone with mental health issues who might try to commit "suicide by cops"
The FBI are still working on a motive, but 4 of the victims are of Indian decent

Brandon Hole 19 year old former employee identified as the killer
His mother had reported him to the police and federal authorities as someone with mental health issues who might try to commit "suicide by cops"
The FBI are still working on a motive, but 4 of the victims are of Indian decent

The Wall Street Journal has a fairly detailed account of what's known. They have seen an internal Facebook memo suggesting he was a "Brony", a sub-culture that began on 4Chan.

“Brony online culture has displayed elements of far-right and white nationalist extremism,” the memo said, but added that there is no clear indication those were motivations in the shooting.

A post timestamped 10:19 p.m., less than an hour before the shooting, featured a photo of the cartoon pony named Applejack. “I hope that I can be with Applejack in the afterlife, my life has no meaning without her,” the post said.

Indianapolis FedEx Shooting: Brandon Hole, the Victims, What We Know

That’ll be a few parcels not getting delivered today then.

These gunmen never think of the consequences do they ? , bastards.
The sad thing is that some Americans will be far more concerned about their delivery being late than the shooting.

Back