60 people shot in mass shooting at Indianaopolis FedEx facility

I don’t think this is true. There would be a lot of huffing and puffing but it would get done. It would need to be phased over 10 years though. But assault weapons is the starting point. Nobody needs an assault rifle. Then go for handguns.
Seeing those "patriots" strutting around with rapid fire assault rifles, with their wrap around shades, body armour and camouflage jackets is just unbelievable. Why anyone should think they should access to military standard weaponry is just staggering. They just don`t seem to be able to connect the huge numbers of easily available guns with the large death rate. Over here a tiff ends up with a bit of swearing, a scuffle and maybe a punch or two being thrown. Over there they pull a gun and shoot you dead.

It seems like they just accept gun deaths as tragic accidents. Like losing a loved one to cancer. It’s terrible and painful and they grieve but it’s part of life and just a risk of being alive in America.

Seeing those "patriots" strutting around with rapid fire assault rifles, with their wrap around shades, body armour and camouflage jackets is just unbelievable. Why anyone should think they should access to military standard weaponry is just staggering. They just don`t seem to be able to connect the huge numbers of easily available guns with the large death rate. Over here a tiff ends up with a bit of swearing, a scuffle and maybe a punch or two being thrown. Over there they pull a gun and shoot you dead.
It’s completely bizarre. The thing is, everyone agrees that citizens should not be allowed access to whatever weapons they want. Even the most ardent “patriots” accept citizens shouldn’t have access to nuclear warheads, or cruise missiles, or chemical weapons etc. So everyone agrees there is a line at which weaponry has the potential to cause so much harm not everyone should have it. So why assault rifles, where someone can go into a school and kill 20 kids in a minute or two, are deemed as suitable weaponry for citizens, is beyond me. I see the argument for rifles / shotguns as they have legitimate uses. But assault rifles are military grade weapons and should be treated like other military weapons (eg missiles).
you can't change the amendment
You can interpret it how you want though. Right to bear arms is totally vague. What do you include in “arms”? It ranges from a BB gun to a nuclear bomb. If you interpret it based on the times in which the legislation was made, and everyone was entitled to just a musket, there wouldn’t be a problem...

Last edited:
It’s completely bizarre. The thing is, everyone agrees that citizens should not be allowed access to whatever weapons they want. Even the most ardent “patriots” accept citizens shouldn’t have access to nuclear warheads, or cruise missiles, or chemical weapons etc. So everyone agrees there is a line at which weaponry has the potential to cause so much harm not everyone should have it. So why assault rifles, where someone can go into a school and kill 20 kids in a minute or two, are deemed as suitable weaponry for citizens, is beyond me. I see the argument for rifles / shotguns as they have legitimate uses. But assault rifles are military grade weapons and should be treated like other military weapons (eg missiles).

You can interpret it how you want though. Right to bear arms is totally vague. What do you include in “arms”? It ranges from a BB gun to a nuclear bomb. If you interpret it based on the times in which the legislation was made, and everyone was entitled to just a musket, there wouldn’t be a problem...
I was wondering that. So could I for instance mount a cannon off an A10 on the back of my pick up or an armoured car , could I buy a self propelled 88mm gun or even a tank ? If there is no limit on calibre

Mass shooting occurs in country where mass shootings occur extremely frequently.
Let them have their guns, just ban ammunition.

I've had the argument about the right to bear arms from an American before, but there is a world of difference between a farmer having the right to a musket 100+ years ago and a redneck open carrying a fully loaded AR15.
They’re like brain washed religious fundamentalists, they cannot be reasoned with. They justify and accept the mass death of innocent people as a tiny price to pay for freedom. Imagine being so ‘free’ you feel the need to carry around an assault weapon due to your own paranoia. f***ing nut jobs.

Last edited:
To be fair, these atrocities have happened under several presidents, and are a product of the US's fundamental inability to fix an anachronism in their constitution and the triumph of corporate interests over common sense and humanity. Trump, more than any other president of the modern era has legitimised and even actively encouraged uncontrolled gun culture in the country.

These types of tragic events will only sadly increase and be magnified under this ‘new’ administration (which is really just a continuation of the Obama admin).

These types of tragic events will only sadly increase and be magnified under this ‘new’ administration (which is really just a continuation of the Obama admin).

Oh shut up man FFS. Obama's hands were tied because while the democrats had the house, the republicans had the senate. He was blocked at almost every turn.
Their politics is about as ridiculous as ours, but in a different way.

9/11 happened while Republican George W Bush was in power. Arguably him trying to finish off what his Dad did while president made a lot of things worse

Thread title is very misleading. From the Guardian -
At least eight people have been shot and killed at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis and the suspected gunman killed himself, police have said.
Multiple other people were injured and went to local hospitals, a police spokesperson, Genae Cook, said at an early morning news conference on Friday.
At least four people were admitted to hospital, including one with critical injuries. Two others were treated at the scene and released. No law enforcement officers were injured.

Remember being in a supermarket in Kissimmee and seeing the gun section next to all the sports goods.
Seemed weird looking at the racks of pistols and assault rifles next to the golf clubs and basketballs.

It's Trump, oh hold on.

Clinton and Obama failed, Biden will too.

There are so many things deeply wrong with the US. They cannot be fixed without huge systemic change, I’m talking Democrats with supermajorities in both houses and a progressive president...but that will never happen again

Back