6 games 4 defeats

I’d disregard the Wycombe game, he was still doing press conferences on the Thursday.
So 2 home wins, effectively a 90 minute draw away to the form team in the division. A defeat away when we could easily have won, and defeat in a cup we really have no interest in progressing in.
There’s different ways at looking at things.

Correct, there's reality (four defeats in six) and straw-clutching delusion (what you posted).

Complaining and having constructive criticism is totally different.
Currently we simply don't have the calibre of players to win games easy.
The club was on the verge of extinction before Short paid the debt off.
It's going to take time. I've waited 45 years so another season or two won't hurt.

you just keep waiting then ..me im gona complain as much as i fooking like ...when did you ever hear of football supporters offering constructive criticism at a game? what a load of pap

I’m not being funny but all the games matter. The competition not so much, but with a new manager we need and we’d like to think we would want to build momentum.

Since PP has arrived we’ve played ok, marginally more direct than with JR but the problems are still evident.

So games like this do matter to build that momentum and a winning mentality!

It’s hugely frustrating
Spot on.

The game we won in between these defeats was against the leagues whipping boys aswell. So that doesn’t really stand for much in terms of knowing that we’re good enough for promotion.

Hasn't done much to lift the mood has he really
It won't be long till Charlie's out to lift our spirits and his raise the roof on boxing day rallying call.
We are slowly establishing ourselves as an average lower league club
Sorry like but I throughly enjoyed last Boxing Day an almost full stadium
Parkinson is f ing shote another great appointment by our owners
He’s been promoted twice with the best defensive records in the league? Where’s our worst position? Defence, so if he sorts that out we should be ok?

Sorry like but I throughly enjoyed last Boxing Day an almost full stadium

He’s been promoted twice with the best defensive records in the league? Where’s our worst position? Defence, so if he sorts that out we should be ok?
Don't dare post positive things about the new manager, some of our fans love to piss the bed
Absolute f***ing nonsense. Watch that shit every week and you're entitled to whinge without being labelled magesque
Of course they are, like f***ing bairns man.

Last edited:
Fuck the cups.

You could argue the run to Wembley last year resulted in too many games and we ended up running out of steam. League should be the 100% focus.
Agree league should be the focus but extra games weren't the issue last year it was poor results and too many draws from winning positions. 1st Wembley trip for example was great, didn't win (as usual) but the build up and everything was amazing. It was the games in hand where the manager just got it wrong against poor opposition which draw after draw, and then towards business end of season some defeats where automatic was still firmly on. Throw in couple Injuries also but again promotion was there at Wembley the second time and again poor performance and tactics on the day costing us. The cup can bring confidence, competition for places due to those performing well etc if players and/or management think its potentially pointless then there's a much bigger problem at the club. It's just a view point, we win the checkatrade and or promotion and no one questions the extra games etc

I’d disregard the Wycombe game, he was still doing press conferences on the Thursday.
So 2 home wins, effectively a 90 minute draw away to the form team in the division. A defeat away when we could easily have won, and defeat in a cup we really have no interest in progressing in.
There’s different ways at looking at things.

Wasting your time with some mate who’d already formed an opinion and decided he’ll be a disaster before he even stood in the SoL dugout. That may well turn out to be the case and he wasn’t my first choice at all, but for now at least judge the bloke and the matches he’s managed so far fairly.

Last season we were "spoiled" by only 5 defeats. 3 of which came in the last 6 games so we were unused to losing games.

A lot of that was down to Jack Ross' cautious approach - he'd rather draw than risk losing by going for the win.

Parkinson is more pragmatic than that and I think we'll lose more games under him than we would have with Ross, but we'll also win more

Over 6 league games we'd probably win 3 and lose 3 under PP giving us 9 points
Ross would probably win 1, draw 4 and lose the 6th giving us 7 points

I don't think it's going to be pretty, but I do think we will win more games under PP and IF he can find a way to maybe win 4 and lose 2 out of every 6 games then we probably still have a chance of going up
Correct, there's reality (four defeats in six) and straw-clutching delusion (what you posted).
Oxford game wasn't really a "defeat" though was it? 1-1 after 90 mins - the penalty shoot out is just a means of determining who goes through, but the actual result of the match was a draw

Last edited:
Wasting your time with some mate who’d already formed an opinion and decided he’ll be a disaster before he even stood in the SoL dugout. That may well turn out to be the case and he wasn’t my first choice at all, but for now at least judge the bloke and the matches he’s managed so far fairly.
Spot on mate. I’ll judge him over a much longer period than 4 or 5 games, anyone of any normal intelligence would do so, but you can’t vouch for some of the hysterical fuckers on here.

Not as worthless as yours 😘
Enjoy the match today with the other 5000
Now knocking people who are attanding. What a silly, very silly, person you are.
Spot on mate. I’ll judge him over a much longer period than 4 or 5 games, anyone of any normal intelligence would do so, but you can’t vouch for some of the hysterical fuckers on here.
It's still been a pretty poor start and there is nothing wrong with saying that

Last edited:
Now knocking people who are attanding. What a silly, very silly, person you are.

It's still been a pretty poor start and there is nothing wrong with saying that
I'm praising the 5000 .
I will say it again, enjoy the match and I hope we win. I was talking to a Gillingham fan last night and he said they were shit.

pp is trying to change the type of football we play, that will take time for the current crop of players to adapt to it or not. Bringing his own players in will be the key..

Back