6, 12, 25 workout

Has anyone any experience of doing this or know anyone who has? Couple of the PTs in the gym I use have recommended it to me and I am actually coming to the end of a training cycle so could give it a go over the next few weeks for a bit of a change. It looks intense as fuck given how knacked those doing it in the gym are. Thoughts? (sorry, it's really long)

More info here: https://www.ldnmuscle.com/the-6-12-25-workout-protocol/?v=79cba1185463

Day 1 Shoulders and Abs:
A1. 6 reps: Standing Military Press – 40X0 tempo (4=4 seconds down 0=zero rest at the bottom of the movement, x=explode & 0=zero rest at the top of the movement), Rest 10 seconds

A2. 12 reps: Seated Dumbbell Presses (elbows facing forward (supinated grip)) – 30X0 tempo, Rest 10 seconds

A3. 25 reps: Prone Dumbbell Lateral Raises on 45 Degree Incline Bench (on your stomach, for rear delts) – 20X0 tempo – Rest 120 seconds. Repeat 2-5 times

A1. 6 reps: Weighted Hanging Leg Raises – 40X0 tempo, Rest 10 seconds

A2. 12 reps: Weighted Cable Crunches – 30X0 tempo, Rest 10 seconds

A3. 25 reps: Floor Crunches – 20X0 tempo, Rest 120 seconds. (Repeat 2-5 times)

Day 2 Arms:
A1. 6 reps: Standing Olympic Bar Curls – 40X0 tempo, Rest 10 seconds

A2. 12 reps: Seated Incline Bench (45 Degree) Dumbbell Curls – 30X0 tempo, Rest 10 seconds

A3. 25 reps: High Cable Curls – 20X0 tempo, Rest 120 seconds. Repeat 2-5 times

A1. 6 reps: Weighted Dips – 40X0 tempo, Rest 10 seconds

A2. 12 reps: Lying Dumbbell Extension (dumbbell scull crushers) – 30X0 tempo, Rest 10 seconds

A3. 25 reps: Overhead Rope Extension – 20X0 tempo, Rest 120 seconds. (Repeat 2-5 times)

Day 4 Quads & Hips:
A1. 6 reps: Medium Stance Squats – 40X0 tempo, Rest 10 seconds

A2. 12 reps: Bulgarian Split Squats with Weight – 30X0 tempo, Rest 10 seconds

A3. 25 reps: Leg Extensions – 20X0 tempo, Rest 120 seconds. (Repeat 2-5 times)

A1. 6 reps: Medium Stance Deadlifts – 40X0 tempo, Rest 10 seconds

A2. 12 reps: Leg Curls – 30X0 tempo, Rest 10 seconds

A3. 25 reps: Back Extensions or good mornings – 20X0 tempo, Rest 120 seconds. (Repeat 2-5 times)

Day 6 Chest & Back:
A1. 6 reps: Incline Bench Press – 40X0 tempo, Rest 10 seconds

A2. 12 reps: Flat Dumbbell Press (supinated grip) – 30X0 tempo, Rest 10 seconds

A3. 25 reps: Cable Flys – 20X0 tempo OR weighted flys, Rest 120 seconds. (Repeat 2-5 times)

A1. 6 reps: Bent Over Rows – 40X0 tempo, Rest 10 seconds

A2. 12 reps: Neutral Grip Chin Ups – 30X0 tempo, Rest 10 seconds

A3. 25 reps: Rope Rows – 20X0 tempo, Rest 120 seconds. (Repeat 2-5 times)

That was my thinking, but I guessed someone would know a bit more about it than me!
What are you trying to achieve? Strength, fat loss, more attractive to the bird at work?

A colleague had a similar plan from an instructor and he asked what I did - I showed him strong lifts, starting strength and greyskull lp and recommend that he just pushed or pulled a barbell and add weight to it.

What are you trying to achieve? Strength, fat loss, more attractive to the bird at work?

A colleague had a similar plan from an instructor and he asked what I did - I showed him strong lifts, starting strength and greyskull lp and recommend that he just pushed or pulled a barbell and add weight to it.
To be honest I'm just looking at what I'm doing and to change things up for a month or so as I've been on the same routine for a while and I'm getting slightly bored.

That’s some complicated fluffy routine mind. You’re going to spend most of your time in the gym waiting for equipment and loading weights looking at that. Oh and RIP to your central nervous system. That’s my opinion, which isn’t really worth anything.
Aye, that one does look pretty complicated but I'd probably take the principle of the approach and make up my own.

Or not, as the feedback from you all seems to be against it!

To be honest I'm just looking at what I'm doing and to change things up for a month or so as I've been on the same routine for a while and I'm getting slightly bored.

BUT WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO ACHIEVE????? :lol:

Add/lose weight?
Pack on muscle?
Look like an anorexic Greek god?

If you want to do something different for a month then you could drop weight, increase reps or the other way around.

Or just spend a few weeks picking out one new exercise per body part and have a laugh.

But you'll either switch programme to something else for a few months or go back to your current boring one?

BUT WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO ACHIEVE????? :lol:

Add/lose weight?
Pack on muscle?
Look like an anorexic Greek god?

If you want to do something different for a month then you could drop weight, increase reps or the other way around.

Or just spend a few weeks picking out one new exercise per body part and have a laugh.

But you'll either switch programme to something else for a few months or go back to your current boring one?
Looking to add on some lean muscle, ya radge. Are you on the 'roids? Pure rage coming across.

Back