5th November..1st xmas tree spotted.

Bairns had their Christmas jumpers out and on at the weekend. To be fair we were at the filming of the Cbeebies panto and it's a bit of an early-November dress like it's Christmas day thing anyway (cos that's when it goes out on the telly).

It's a good 'un by the way if you've got little ones - the kids loved it.

Mine will go up in a few weeks, can't wait til my sitting room is decked out like Santas grotto :lol:...........it makes me and the bairn happy, couldn't give a fuck what anyone else thinks tbf ;).

I try not to judge early Christmas decorations because although some are put up way too early for no reason others will have put them up as a family member may not live to see December the 25th.

Shakespeare Street & Goschen Street in Suddick used to the most competitive street on the North Side.
f***ing miles of lights including ex-council ones adorning the most humble of 2 bed semi's.
The scratters of SR5 love owt like that, like.

Obviously, this wouldn't happen in Sr6.

My missus said she wants our Xmas tree up this weekend, I've told her it's not happening........big argument ensued about who's in charge and who runs the household......

She's told me I can post a picture of it on here on Monday .... if I'm good.

Tell her Advent isn't until Sunday 2nd December - then you can put them up.
But if you are under the thumb, then good luck to you.:lol:

I love Christmas. Puddings are best if left to mature, so they are already made. We usually go for a walk in the woods in October to collect chestnuts to make into stuffing and freeze. We have tried out a couple of things as possible deserts. But putting the decorations up early? No for me.

People must be fed up of them by the time Christmas arrives. I think it is nice to get them out and have the house festive for a couple of weeks building up but by January I just want the house returned to normal again.

I did have some lights up this time last year but that is because I bought a set of colour changing LEDs and made my own lights where you could pick colour schemes and animations from a menu. The kids loved that. "Lets change the tree to Gryffindor colours". Of course it was red and white on a Saturday 3pm-5pm (didn't help us like). It took a few weeks to make them, so they were hung around my window while I worked on it.

That will be the only lights in the house, they will get electricity in jarra one day

No, they won’t! It’s considered witchcraft. Just like Wales in that respect.

I try not to judge early Christmas decorations because although some are put up way too early for no reason others will have put them up as a family member may not live to see December the 25th.

The lucky, lucky bastards.:evil:

I love Christmas. Puddings are best if left to mature, so they are already made. We usually go for a walk in the woods in October to collect chestnuts to make into stuffing and freeze. We have tried out a couple of things as possible deserts. But putting the decorations up early? No for me.

People must be fed up of them by the time Christmas arrives. I think it is nice to get them out and have the house festive for a couple of weeks building up but by January I just want the house returned to normal again.

I did have some lights up this time last year but that is because I bought a set of colour changing LEDs and made my own lights where you could pick colour schemes and animations from a menu. The kids loved that. "Lets change the tree to Gryffindor colours". Of course it was red and white on a Saturday 3pm-5pm (didn't help us like). It took a few weeks to make them, so they were hung around my window while I worked on it.

Did you use an arduino?

Last edited:

Back