5G Mobile Internet has gone live

Mines the same, can't you set up wifi calling so it uses your home wifi rather than the phone signal to make a call? Works for me

I have that set up but the wifi calling keeps dropping out. I think I need a new router to be honest.

I can make phonecalls whilst driving through the Tyne Tunnel these days. Pretty big improvement imo

I posted on here from the Channel Tunnel whinging that I had 4G under the sea but couldn't post on mobile internet from my sitting room :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

I'm giggling, but really you should think about changing networks.

It's all of them! I've tried EE, Vodafone, O2, Three etc. It's just a blackspot here for mobile signals, even though there's a mast in the field about five minutes walk from here :confused:

It will all be wireless eventually. In years to come we'll all be reminiscing say stuff like "remember when we used to have a phone line to get the internet"? :)

The tech is not tested, and there are some credible reports about its safety

Apparently it’s being installed in Gateshead in lamp posts, and there is a fella taking the council to court over its safety

What can people do differently in their day to day lives with 5G than with 4G?

Serious question btw.
Nothing

The tech is not tested, and there are some credible reports about its safety

Apparently it’s being installed in Gateshead in lamp posts, and there is a fella taking the council to court over its safety
Hes an absolute fruitcake

Last edited:
Just like to point out that yes it's called wireless but things still need cables to them, including your routers. Nothing will beat a fibre optic cable for 100s of years at best.

Back