501 not out - Lara film

Lara broke the FC and Test record but showed how selfish he was in doing so. His teams won neither game because he batted too long.
Holding hammered him after his 375.

The game against us was going nowhere, no chance of a result either way so he was able to go for it - magnificent feat, but means nothing as far as I’m concerned.

One of his great innings was against Australia around the turn of the century. 93 for 5, chasing about 300 to win, got home by 1 wicket. Didn't break records but it was brilliant.

The greatest innings of all time IMO.

The 501 was an incredible feat, especially so soon after the 375. I think when he first signed for Warwickshire he scored 6 hundreds in his first 7 games, he was really untouchable at this point. To then reclaim the record in 2004 so soon after losing it up Hayden showed just how good he was. He’s the best batsman I’ve ever seen and of all time IMO as he was the most entertaining and had a touch of genius. Some may see him as selfish but I always felt he batted to entertain people rather than for his own statistical gain, and he spent many years in a very poor side scoring runs in all conditions - he absolutely obliterated Murali in SL in the mid 2000’s.

The greatest innings of all time IMO.

The 501 was an incredible feat, especially so soon after the 375. I think when he first signed for Warwickshire he scored 6 hundreds in his first 7 games, he was really untouchable at this point. To then reclaim the record in 2004 so soon after losing it up Hayden showed just how good he was. He’s the best batsman I’ve ever seen and of all time IMO as he was the most entertaining and had a touch of genius. Some may see him as selfish but I always felt he batted to entertain people rather than for his own statistical gain, and he spent many years in a very poor side scoring runs in all conditions - he absolutely obliterated Murali in SL in the mid 2000’s.

The average per wicket in that match was over 100. We declared on 500 odd and after a day washed out they got 800 odd in a game that wasn't going to be anything else other than a draw on a pitch made of cardboard.

Might be the highest FC score, but is a gazillion miles away from the being the best.

The average per wicket in that match was over 100. We declared on 500 odd and after a day washed out they got 800 odd in a game that wasn't going to be anything else other than a draw on a pitch made of cardboard.

Might be the highest FC score, but is a gazillion miles away from the being the best.

I meant the innings against Australia that Hesford Diet mentioned. 153* I think it was as they chased down 311.

Ex

Think he's talking about the Barbados knock. Until headingley 19 it was right up there.

Back