50% off SKY TV deal?????

Always think things like that seem tempting (albeit I already have sky broadband just not their tv, so probably don't count as a new customer) but then I remember I'd need BT sports and HD as well. Even with this deal I'm thinking (although pricing isn't easy to find) that it'd end up being around £70 a month for all that, plus a bit extra for the broadband. Be worth it if I liked more than just football, but alas I don't enjoy their "entertainment" stuff at all

I think you're classed as a new customer if you've only got broadband and haven't had TV with them for a year.

It'll still add up if you want BT Sport. Cheapest way for the lot is to get broadband with BT and get the BT Sport from them, then take the Sky TV only.

I think you're classed as a new customer if you've only got broadband and haven't had TV with them for a year.

It'll still add up if you want BT Sport. Cheapest way for the lot is to get broadband with BT and get the BT Sport from them, then take the Sky TV only.

Yeah, might need to look into that, just need to find out if I've got a 12 or 18 month contract with sky, they don't make it easy to find! Not sure what BTs a version of Sky Go is like mind, ideally need to try and get something so that I can watch it on my lasses tele when I'm round at hers (since that is all weekend, when the best games are on!).

Yeah, might need to look into that, just need to find out if I've got a 12 or 18 month contract with sky, they don't make it easy to find! Not sure what BTs a version of Sky Go is like mind, ideally need to try and get something so that I can watch it on my lasses tele when I'm round at hers (since that is all weekend, when the best games are on!).

If you have TV with Sky then you get Sky Go anyway, for the Sky stuff. For BT Sport they have a web player.

If you have TV with Sky then you get Sky Go anyway, for the Sky stuff. For BT Sport they have a web player.

Ah cheers! It's a pain because she's got Virgin (which I can't get at mine), if I get BT and get sky sports through them I'll need to be able to play it at hers for the weekend games, need BT sport because I like the champion's league and Europa League stuff when I'm at mine during the week. No wonder people just end up with IPTV!

Ah cheers! It's a pain because she's got Virgin (which I can't get at mine), if I get BT and get sky sports through them I'll need to be able to play it at hers for the weekend games, need BT sport because I like the champion's league and Europa League stuff when I'm at mine during the week. No wonder people just end up with IPTV!

Best to get TV with Sky (including sports) then ISP with BT including BT Sports.

Then you have sky player for the Sky Sports and BT Sports Player for the BT Sports.

Best to get TV with Sky (including sports) then ISP with BT including BT Sports.

Then you have sky player for the Sky Sports and BT Sports Player for the BT Sports.

Canny idea that, cheers mate, I'll go and look at how much it would all cost. Think I'd need to use my laptop to watch the apps at my lasses house, pretty sure you can't cast them otherwise. Wish I could just bring my sky box round to hers but I've heard that they're onto that trick!

Canny idea that, cheers mate, I'll go and look at how much it would all cost. Think I'd need to use my laptop to watch the apps at my lasses house, pretty sure you can't cast them otherwise. Wish I could just bring my sky box round to hers but I've heard that they're onto that trick!
Taking a sky box with you is fine. They'd have no idea. Nor would they care.

Taking a sky box with you is fine. They'd have no idea. Nor would they care.

For some reason I heard that a Sky Q box would only work in the house it was registered to (hang on I'll try and find a link), think this was the one I was reading Getting Sky for someone else at different address - MoneySavingExpert.com Forums

I had just assumed that if I paid for a sky q box I could just bring it to hers and plug it in. Mind I've just thought of another problem, she's got Virgin so no dish, definitely wouldn't work, dammit!!!

I always find BT difficult to deal with.

If you know what you are doing, getting a good deal with Sky is pretty straightforward. BT however, it’s always a painful struggle.

I got Sky Q in a couple of years ago. £35 for everything, all the sport, films in HD and UHD. Then I bought, sorry you rent with Q, another mini box for the man cave for &49. It is fantastic. So time came to haggle and it went up to £58. I’ve got BT internet so 28.99 for fast as fuck fibre including line rental and £15 for a BT 4K box and another normal one up in the cave. I’m happy with that. I watch the lot so good value. Just watched Huddersfield there, good stuff. Sky Q is the nuts for couch taties like me. Heartily recommend it.

And listen to AndrewP everyone. The lad knars.

I got Sky Q in a couple of years ago. £35 for everything, all the sport, films in HD and UHD. Then I bought, sorry you rent with Q, another mini box for the man cave for &49. It is fantastic. So time came to haggle and it went up to £58. I’ve got BT internet so 28.99 for fast as fuck fibre including line rental and £15 for a BT 4K box and another normal one up in the cave. I’m happy with that. I watch the lot so good value. Just watched Huddersfield there, good stuff. Sky Q is the nuts for couch taties like me. Heartily recommend it.

And listen to AndrewP everyone. The lad knars.
Where did you get that Sky Q deal from? That's mentally cheap compared to their usual prices.

Where did you get that Sky Q deal from? That's mentally cheap compared to their usual prices.

On the phone when I rang to cancel. It was a nice Scottish lass and I was unbelievably lovely and pleaded poverty, one part of that was true if I do say so myself. I would love to continue but just can’t afford. We had a chat about films and I mentioned the 10 minute test, it’s a family thing, we give a film even if it looks shite the 10 minute test, no arguments if someone calls 10
minutes. Then sometimes it’s on till the end without noticing.

I could talk all day, I mean can you tell? I can type all day anarl. So when she finally got bored with me, I got the top entertain pack with Boxsets and Multiscreen for £33 thanked her for doing her best but I just couldn’t afford movies and would love the sport but it’s just a pipe dream. Gave fantastic feedback, typed for Scotland. Then an offer came up on me login, sports for £15, then another one, fillums for £10. All within a month. So £58 for the lot, well almost, can get UHD sport but not HD. Daftness. The fillums are HD.

Be nice kids...

On the phone when I rang to cancel. It was a nice Scottish lass and I was unbelievably lovely and pleaded poverty, one part of that was true if I do say so myself. I would love to continue but just can’t afford. We had a chat about films and I mentioned the 10 minute test, it’s a family thing, we give a film even if it looks shite the 10 minute test, no arguments if someone calls 10
minutes. Then sometimes it’s on till the end without noticing.

I could talk all day, I mean can you tell? I can type all day anarl. So when she finally got bored with me, I got the top entertain pack with Boxsets and Multiscreen for £33 thanked her for doing her best but I just couldn’t afford movies and would love the sport but it’s just a pipe dream. Gave fantastic feedback, typed for Scotland. Then an offer came up on me login, sports for £15, then another one, fillums for £10. All within a month. So £58 for the lot, well almost, can get UHD sport but not HD. Daftness. The fillums are HD.

Be nice kids...
I got bored after the second sentence.

Can you summarise? ;)

Back