50 Insane Animal Facts That Will Leave You Asking.... WTF!!!

Albay3037

Striker
Came across this and some of them I couldn’t help laugh out loud at (getting strange looks from the missus)

50 Insane Animal Facts That Will Leave You Asking WTF | Fact Republic

Number 15 in particular...

A small mouse-like Australian creature called antechinus literally f*ck themselves to death. The male stops eating and sleeping when mating season starts and he can mate with females for up to 14 hours at a time. He exhausts himself so thoroughly that his body starts to fall apart. His fur falls off. He bleeds internally. His immune system fails to fight off incoming infections, and he becomes riddled with gangrene. By the end of the mating season, physically disintegrating males may run around frantically searching for last mating opportunities.:eek:

Came across this and some of them I couldn’t help laugh out loud at (getting strange looks from the missus)

A small mouse-like Australian creature called antechinus literally f*ck themselves to death. The male stops eating and sleeping when mating season starts and he can mate with females for up to 14 hours at a time. He exhausts himself so thoroughly that his body starts to fall apart. His fur falls off. He bleeds internally. His immune system fails to fight off incoming infections, and he becomes riddled with gangrene. By the end of the mating season, physically disintegrating males may run around frantically searching for last mating opportunities.:eek:
Tbf. Most lads on here would do that if they could ;)

Sounds like exactly what would happen to me if I got a go on Holly Willoughby.

That was a QI fact iirc.

It's not a bad way to go mind.

I read a "fact" once that Ants don't sleep. It's false. They sleep for 16 minutes a day, or 8 minutes every 12 hours. One of the sleeps isn't a real sleep though, they're awake and "talk" to other Ants at the same time, so it's more like a lay down than a nap. So really they only truly sleep once for 8 minutes a day.

Fuck. THAT.

Fact #16

Greenland Sharks
Greenland sharks have the longest known lifespan of all vertebrate. They have an average lifespan of 400 years. Unfortunately for them, they spend most of this long lifespan swimming blind despite being born with fully functioning eyes. Majority of these sharks are blind due to the fact that they have parasites hanging from their eyes. These pinkish-white parasites are called copepods, and they attach themselves to the Greenland sharks’ cornea, rendering them blind.

That's some serious sex addiction

Back