50 and nifty health strategy

Good morning buff dudes!

I will be 50 in a few years and I would like to live as long as possible whilst maintaining my Greek god like torso.

I currently do strength training 3 times a week and also do a bit of cardio. My current weight is ok and I don’t have too much lard on me.

Going forwards I have recognised that my flexibility is shite. Would it be a good idea to follow a plan such as this?

Day 1: yoga or Pilates.
2: strength training
3: rest
4: strength
5: yoga/Pilates
6: rest
7: cardio

Any ideas will be considered, thank you.

Good morning buff dudes!

I will be 50 in a few years and I would like to live as long as possible whilst maintaining my Greek god like torso.

I currently do strength training 3 times a week and also do a bit of cardio. My current weight is ok and I don’t have too much lard on me.

Going forwards I have recognised that my flexibility is shite. Would it be a good idea to follow a plan such as this?

Day 1: yoga or Pilates.
2: strength training
3: rest
4: strength
5: yoga/Pilates
6: rest
7: cardio

Any ideas will be considered, thank you.
Yoga? Pilates? Give your head a shake you pink lycra clad galloot:lol::lol:

I’m giving you ten years Steve, I exercise every day, some of the stuff you’re talking about. For me it’s all about doing things you enjoy as well as keep you fit as you are more likely to keep them going.

So in my case that’s a bit of tennis, cycling or swimming thrown into the mix, with tennis being the one I really enjoy. If you can get away with Yoga and Pilates, great.

I’m giving you ten years Steve, I exercise every day, some of the stuff you’re talking about. For me it’s all about doing things you enjoy as well as keep you fit as you are more likely to keep them going.

So in my case that’s a bit of tennis, cycling or swimming thrown into the mix, with tennis being the one I really enjoy. If you can get away with Yoga and Pilates, great.
I would do boxing but the times at the local club are inconvenient at the moment, when I’m retired I may train in the art of pugilistics.

Aye, even people entirely focused on strength would probably benefit from yoga. I should probably try it but I’m genuine scared of how shit I’ll be the first time!
I am building up the courage to book in for a session on Thursday dinnertime at the university gym. It will be terrible if a 19 year old woman’s arse is in my face for 45 minutes ....

But I feel sorry for the 19 year old woman who has the feet of a sweaty 45 year old man in her face.

I am building up the courage to book in for a session on Thursday dinnertime at the university gym. It will be terrible if a 19 year old woman’s arse is in my face for 45 minutes ....

But I feel sorry for the 19 year old woman who has the feet of a sweaty 45 year old man in her face.
Go for it, nothing ventured nothing gained, loads of activities i still want to try before i am a coffin dodger. We will need some pictures of said 19year old for authentification purposes.

Back