5 years for Bowie today.....

Was never a massive fan but I appreciated the man for his talent and have been watching quite a few documentaries on Bowie recently. He was a canny actor and singer, it suddenly dawned on me that he was "Major Tom" (imagining himself as a space dude etc). Here's a few of my favourite memories of the man.......
(Loved this song since I heard it as a young lass, probably my favourite song ever - never get sick of it tbh)

Just loved him in Labyrinth, film was pretty much gash apart from him and Ludo.

Freaked me out a bit in Twin Peaks FWWM

Think he always saw himself as a musical / stage writer, but he went on a pretty f***ing cool journey - RIP to the thin white Duke :cry:

Watched a good documentary on bbc4 on friday about the last five years of his life.

Very good. I’d recommend it.
I watched it - was that the one with his band / producer talking ? it was really good. I thought it weird that he looked old when he was young and didn't really seem to age much at all over the years :lol:

Was never a massive fan but I appreciated the man for his talent and have been watching quite a few documentaries on Bowie recently. He was a canny actor and singer, it suddenly dawned on me that he was "Major Tom" (imagining himself as a space dude etc). Here's a few of my favourite memories of the man.......
(Loved this song since I heard it as a young lass, probably my favourite song ever - never get sick of it tbh)

Think he always saw himself as a musical / stage writer, but he went on a pretty f***ing cool journey - RIP to the thin white Duke :cry:
David Lynch man. What the fuck😂
more bonkers than the scene out of labyrinth that.

We are the dead. Our only true life is in the future. We shall take part in it as handfuls of dust and splinters of bone. But how far away that future may be, there is no knowing. It might be a thousand years. At present nothing is possible except to extend the area of sanity little by little. We cannot act collectively.
We can only spread our knowledge outwards from individual to individual, generation after generation. In the face of the Thought Police there is no other way.
George Orwell, 1984

Last edited:

The Labyrinth is class, and so is the soundtrack.

Yeah he was great apart from the fact that he was an alledged sex offender. Conveniently forgotten and I personally, despite liking his music, despise the bloke for it.

Tried posting this a few years ago and got quite the backlash on here from people unwilling to accept that their idol was allegedly having sex with children, so check your responses this time.

Yeah he was great apart from the fact that he was an alledged sex offender. Conveniently forgotten and I personally, despite liking his music, despise the bloke for it.

Tried posting this a few years ago and got quite the backlash on here from people unwilling to accept that their idol was allegedly having sex with children, so check your responses this time.

I imagine most 70s pop stars will have had plenty of opportunity and would have had a lot of young lasses chucking themselves at them.

Most of them will have done something they were ashamed of.

Bowie was truly a god, when it comes music. i spent 2 years reading a book about him, normally i breeze threw books in like a mouth, but i wanted to take in what was being said, about a man i consider one of the greatest musicians of the 20th century if not all time.
Don’t even know how this is possible. Did you leave it for months on end and go back to it or just read the words really slowly like you would with a toddler ?

Back