5 years ago today, The Gus Bus blew all 4 tyres as....

I was there that day, I left at 6-0, by the time Id walked back over the bridge to the train station, the first shop keeper I saw told it finished 8-0. Year after i went and Van dijk scored last minute in the 1-1, don't think i was blessed watching the lads there :(

I was there for the 1-1, thought we had fucked staying up
I was watching at home, Vergini smacked that in, I thought "the whistle must have gone" so went for a piss. Came back and saw the score was 1-0 and thought WTF?

Last edited:
wasnt there a game around then when a team managed by phil parkison beat us 2-0?
we must have been shite like, because i read on here phil parkiosn is shite and his teams play shite football, so it must be true.

Bradford in the FA Cup, our fans turned up in their droves and were let down as they so often are. That said I'm sure we were hard done by again, Fletcher was denied a certain penalty which I think would have also warranted a red card. It may have been a different result had justice prevailed.
Too right their keeper should of been off and a pen to us. Think the score was only 0-1 at the time.

Same happened away to Leicester, I think they ended up beating us 3 or 4 nil. It was crazy how many clear cut penalties we were denied around that time.

Last edited:
Bradford in the FA Cup, our fans turned up in their droves and were let down as they so often are. That said I'm sure we were hard done by again, Fletcher was denied a certain penalty which I think would have also warranted a red card. It may have been a different result had justice prevailed.

Same happened away to Leicester, I think they ended up beating us 3 or 4 nil. It was crazy how many clear cut penalties we were denied around that time.
That game was reffed by the not so friendly Kevin Friend at Bradford, I was at stoke a few years before when he sent Wes Brown also, what a useless ref he was

Had a look thru my match programme collection for that season...The week after our 0-8 spanking, 44,449 turned out for our home game v Arsenal, which was another defeat...but only by 2 goals..

I was at work. Saw it was 5-0 when I logged off and assumed that was how it finished until I saw this place a few hours later. f***ing ridiculous game.

.... Southampton ripped us a new ass hole.

Safc's fourth 8 nil defeat in their history and I've seen half of them !

Might have been different if keeper sent off for doing Fletch, but a disastrous day from which Mannone was left scarred and Poyet never recovered.

6 tyres on a bus mate đź‘Ť

Back