5:2 diet

MigsGoalKicks

Midfield
If I was to do this tea time to tea time would it still be as beneficial as breakfast to breakfast?

Anyone got any experience of this diet?

If I was to do this tea time to tea time would it still be as beneficial as breakfast to breakfast?

Anyone got any experience of this diet?

hello

sounds like you're ready to make a change
@Titus is the king of all

what works for a post menopausal woman may not work for someone else

for me personally adapting my diet was in response to my brother getting cancer, he adopted a diet that cut out all carbs and red meat and alcohol, I amended it to include vodka and occasional red meat
worked for me and I wasn't especially looking to lose weight when I undertook it, more to avoid cancer that gallops gaily through my family

I've lost over 2 stone in the last few months and it honestly wasn't a problem, just a change of perspective

I happen to love green vegetables though and meat

there is no cheating, there is just the results but the only time I have really lost weight was when I was prompted not to lose weight so much as to be healthy

the basic truth is we eat way way way too much, we don't move enough and what we eat is f***ing pap

so if you want to lose weight and get happy, drink lots of water, eat lots of green veg and meat and don't eat for long periods of the day

Titus will probably come along and say I'm wrong and he will be right I'm sure, but that is what changed it up for me

good luck!

hello

for me personally adapting my diet was in response to my brother getting cancer, he adopted a diet that cut out all carbs and red meat and alcohol, I amended it to include vodka and occasional red meat
worked for me and I wasn't especially looking to lose weight when I undertook it, more to avoid cancer that gallops gaily through my family

I've lost over 2 stone in the last few months and it honestly wasn't a problem, just a change of perspective

there is no cheating, there is just the results but the only time I have really lost weight was when I was prompted not to lose weight so much as to be healthy

the basic truth is we eat way way way too much, we don't move enough and what we eat is f***ing pap

so if you want to lose weight and get happy, drink lots of water, eat lots of green veg and meat and don't eat for long periods of the day

Titus will probably come along and say I'm wrong and he will be right I'm sure, but that is what changed it up for me

good luck!
It’s possible to lose a shed load by just eliminating or reducing the obvious rubbish.

To start with, people could halve the number of treats/snacks so as not to deny themselves, but then the trick is to incorporate more veg and protein.

Some people can psychologically cut out the crap immediately, most have a relapse and binge on the rubbish that is high in calories but low on nutritional value.

My point being that dieting is massively in the mind - you had a reason to do it, well done BTW for losing the weight and supporting your brother.

hello

good luck!

Thanks for your reply. Alcohol is definitely a problem for me. Last few months I've been drinking lager 3 nights a week minimum. I've bought a bottle of vodka today to replace this and cutting drinking down to once a fortnight.

My problem is that meal wise - I don't eat at normal times. I have a meal randomly during the day due to doing permanent night shifts. Ever since I've done perm nights I'll overeat massively some days then have nothing till tea time the next. That's why I think this diet could work for me. Obviously not stuff my face with shite on my non fasting days.
It’s possible to lose a shed load by just eliminating or reducing the obvious rubbish.

To start with, people could halve the number of treats/snacks so as not to deny themselves, but then the trick is to incorporate more veg and protein.

Some people can psychologically cut out the crap immediately, most have a relapse and binge on the rubbish that is high in calories but low on nutritional value.

My point being that dieting is massively in the mind - you had a reason to do it, well done BTW for losing the weight and supporting your brother.

Aye, a lot of it is in my mind. I've never been skinny, but I was quite severely depressed around 3 years ago and put shed loads of weight on. I've never really got out that kind of lifestyle. Losing 3 stone is my target.
My understanding is it's the length of the fast that's important rather than the start time.

That makes it easier then, thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply. Alcohol is definitely a problem for me. Last few months I've been drinking lager 3 nights a week minimum. I've bought a bottle of vodka today to replace this and cutting drinking down to once a fortnight.

My problem is that meal wise - I don't eat at normal times. I have a meal randomly during the day due to doing permanent night shifts. Ever since I've done perm nights I'll overeat massively some days then have nothing till tea time the next. That's why I think this diet could work for me. Obviously not stuff my face with shite on my non fasting days.

Aye, a lot of it is in my mind. I've never been skinny, but I was quite severely depressed around 3 years ago and put shed loads of weight on. I've never really got out that kind of lifestyle. Losing 3 stone is my target.

Good luck, there are a lot of threads on here re: dieting and weight loss.

I do a form of intermittent fasting, I start to eat at around 11am and we tend to have an evening meal from between 6pm 8pm.

Vodka with soda water and lime cordial or flavoured vodka is what I have.

I drink about 3 litres of water a day. Loads of cavolo nero and spinach.
Night shifts are bad for you anyway you look at it and also for weight loss.
Getting a good amount of sleep is vital for your body to work.

I do a form of intermittent fasting, I start to eat at around 11am and we tend to have an evening meal from between 6pm 8pm.

I don't eat before 12 or after 8pm most days.
Sometimes when I'm on a bender or just need to splurge I will eat later but it will always be carb free.

I don't eat before 12 or after 8pm most days.
Sometimes when I'm on a bender or just need to splurge I will eat later but it will always be carb free.

Last edited:
hello

good luck!
Proper fit ^

Fast 800 worked for me.

Have nothing during the day other than water and black coffee, go to the gym after work and have a nutritionally rich tea afterwards with a pint of water and two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar afterwards.

Did that for 3 months.

Back