[4th Test] South Africa v England

I do hope Stokes doesn’t get on bother for this mind.
Why on earth fans think they can abuse people from the safety of their seat and then throw their hands up in faux incredulity is beyond me.
How do you know he did? You can't even see who he said that too.

Your absolutely right but not in this instance. Unless he's moaning about it to the press that is.

How do you know he did? You can't even see who he said that too.

Your absolutely right but not in this instance. Unless he's moaning about it to the press that is.
I was speaking generally really.

It wouldn’t surprise me if the spectator ends up playing role of the martyr though.

Joe Denly is overrated as fuck.His customary 25-35 and out.

I agree with that up to a point mate, although don’t think he is that overrated, just picked becuase lack of other options, in a diffrent era would be no where near the test side,
I’d take Jennings (to bat 3) instead. If they truly want to go ‘horses for courses’. Plus it’s been highlighted this tour just how poor Denly is against spin due to his inability to use his feet.

Just doesn’t rotate the strike and jûst gets totally bogged down.

Last edited:
If somebody having a go then well done Stokes I say.
I can see that view 100%. But calling a paying spectator, whilst for playing England in a Test match, a ‘f***ing specky ****’, does not look good, no matter if he was provoked or not. He’s a professional and unfortunately it goes with the territory and he should rise above it. How much shite do 1000’s of professional footballers get each week from people in the crowd, they have to not react.
Love the guy, but I can’t see a defence here to be honest.

Tbh just think he is human and people sometimes forget these players are human like the rest of us.

That said it can’t be seemed to be condoned and will probably rightly get a fine.

Back