4th August UK Corona Deaths

The UK's coronavirus death toll has gone up by seven - the lowest increase on a Tuesday since the country was plunged into lockdown in March.

England reported six new deaths and Wales had one.

Northern Ireland reported new new deaths for the 22nd consecutive day, while Scotland had no new deaths for the 19th straight day.

On recent Tuesdays, 12 deaths were announced on July 28, 15 on July 21, 28 on July 14 and 40 on July 7.

The Government's official death toll of 46,210 in all settings, including care homes, will be updated later.

Any one notice the paragraph about excess deaths since outbreak now falling "The figures also show the overall number of excess deaths in the UK since the coronavirus outbreak began has fallen by nearly 1,500 over the past six weeks to just over 63,500" is this the start of the clawback whereby those vulnerable people of age and other health conditions that were due to be dying now died have already died

Any one notice the paragraph about excess deaths since outbreak now falling "The figures also show the overall number of excess deaths in the UK since the coronavirus outbreak began has fallen by nearly 1,500 over the past six weeks to just over 63,500" is this the start of the clawback whereby those vulnerable people of age and other health conditions that were due to be dying now died have already died
Yeah - I saw that.

Wasn't it said on here a while back that the only true gauge - even using excess death figures - is to compare over a whole year? Especially when you're using 'died with' rather than 'died of'.

Yeah - I saw that.

Wasn't it said on here a while back that the only true gauge - even using excess death figures - is to compare over a whole year? Especially when you're using 'died with' rather than 'died of'.
It's probably true especially with the 'died with' status used. Off top of my head I'm sure I read that the esteemed Nial Ferguson said 2/3rds of all the deaths would be people whose death would be brought forward a few months

Last edited by a moderator:
581 last Tuesday

Still the lowest figure we've seen this week
The hospitals must be overflowing along with all these positive tests. If someone has an antibody test and shows up that they've had it do these get thrown on the daily cases?

Back