4 more weeks of lockdown confirmed - Freedom day scrapped

Well wharra shame. I'm sure they'll be able to get to another at some point. Perhaps if they were that bothered about going ordinarily they wouldn't have missed out. It was on the telly anyway - no big miss.

The situation now is far better than it has been for 15 months. Is four more weeks really such a big deal?
You selfish horrible wanker.

Lockdown hasn't been a hoax, so i agree with you there, but as horrendous as this woman is, she is only pointing out the hypocrisy of the chosen few. Anyone in their own sane mind would find it hard to disagree with anyone, let alone her, on that score.

Calling lockdown a hoax just negates any other message she may have.

People have been calling out this Government from the start - our lying coward of a PM on holiday; at the races; shaking hands; Barnard Castle. Pure hypocrisy right from the start and costing thousands of lives.

Has she only just noticed or does she feel she'll get more hits with this bollocks?

Absolutely. It's a balance of probably.

Your car can pass MOT'd one day, then break down & fail 2 days later
Is it not also that you don't shed immediately so if you are uninfected 48 hours before then even if you get infected the next day you won't spread it the day after.
Could be wrong mind as its ages since I read about this aspect.

People have been calling out this Government from the start - our lying coward of a PM on holiday; at the races; shaking hands; Barnard Castle. Pure hypocrisy right from the start and costing thousands of lives.

Has she only just noticed or does she feel she'll get more hits with this bollocks?
I think she's been at it right from the off mate, but i only ever see little snippets of her now and again.

Israel cracked it but only when a certain percentage of the whole population were fully vaccinated. Chile opened up before they had reached the necessary percentage and they went into a tailspin.
This, but but we were promised, why can't the virus do what we want?
Face nappy? Oh do give it a rest man. A stupid phrase uttered by stupid people!
I hate wearing masks, but I agree. FFS I can perhaps understand it as a small joke back last June. But after a year....

Last edited:
I’m very fortunate in that I don’t feel particularly restricted now, can do most of what I want to do apart from the big England cricket games (pilot events aside). But I’m also well aware that to a lot of other people, particularly those whose livelihoods are on a knife edge and those for who the current restrictions feel nowhere near normality. And particularly those planning a wedding which may have to be watered down even if technically they can invite as many as they want

Just click bait shite from a complete windbag.

This, but but we were promised, why can't the virus do what we want?

I hate wearing masks, but I agree. FFS I can perhaps understand it as a small joke back last June. But after a year....

55% fully vaccinated seems the benchmark;

We've 30 million double dosed out of a population of 66.5 million. Need another c5 million 2nd jabs done.

I’m very fortunate in that I don’t feel particularly restricted now, can do most of what I want to do apart from the big England cricket games (pilot events aside). But I’m also well aware that to a lot of other people, particularly those whose livelihoods are on a knife edge and those for who the current restrictions feel nowhere near normality. And particularly those planning a wedding which may have to be watered down even if technically they can invite as many as they want
Funny one with the weddings. For one, if you're that desperate for the big event then you could always wait. If on the other hand you're that desperate to get married on the date set then you accept the compromise - do you really need uncle nobhead there to see you cut the cake?

It must be devastating to have the day you had planned ruined, but you've gotta weigh up what's important to you about getting married.

Does wedding insurance cover Covid?

Funny one with the weddings. For one, if you're that desperate for the big event then you could always wait. If on the other hand you're that desperate to get married on the date set then you accept the compromise - do you really need uncle nobhead there to see you cut the cake?

It must be devastating to have the day you had planned ruined, but you've gotta weigh up what's important to you about getting married.

I think if I was in the position,( easy to say I know, cos I’m not) I’d have the ceremony as planned then a party, if there really has to be one, on the first anniversary or something. Some people want the whole shaboodle though

You can barely even get insurance for it atm. We’d just have a tiny wedding if we can’t have the one we want next year - getting married is the key thing, really, so I’d compromise if I had to.

I think if I was in the position,( easy to say I know, cos I’m not) I’d have the ceremony as planned then a party, if there really has to be one, on the first anniversary or something. Some people want the whole shaboodle though

I've had mates get married abroad with close family and then have a big party back in blighty with the wedding video on non-stop. Works quite well.

A lad I work with's daughter has done something along those lines. They had a right last minute clart on mind after the venue dropped them in it. Got their money back and got sorted though.
You can barely even get insurance for it atm. We’d just have a tiny wedding if we can’t have the one we want next year - getting married is the key thing, really, so I’d compromise if I had to.
Well I can imagine - but I meant more for those who've had the wedding booked prior to the pandemic.

If I was planning, I think I'd put off for a while.

Last edited:

Back