4 million children and 1.9 million pensioners living in poverty in UK

Come off it.

These people exist. We see them everyday.

The exception as opposed to the rule.

I may be naive but I don't believe people can't afford to eat. Maybe not eat how they would like.

I reckon I could survive on £1 a day. Not that I would expect anyone to have to.

In the UK? Could you bollocks? You'd pay for food, clothing, transport and everything else on a quid a day?

The exception as opposed to the rule.

In the UK? Could you bollocks? You'd pay for food, clothing, transport and everything else on a quid a day?

I think he is talking about food only.

Easily do-able, wouldn't be pleasant or good for you long term but do-able.

Food only.Still difficult on a quid a day.

You would struggle like. 1kg bag of pasta about £1.50, pasta sauce 50p for Tesco value stuff. Milk £1.50 for 4 pints. Teabags, few quid for 40. And this is under the assumption that you'd eat pasta every day. When you start factoring fresh fruit and veg and stuff into it...or God forbid....some meat then you've got no chance.

You would struggle like. 1kg bag of pasta about £1.50, pasta sauce 50p for Tesco value stuff. Milk £1.50 for 4 pints. Teabags, few quid for 40. And this is under the assumption that you'd eat pasta every day. When you start factoring fresh fruit and veg and stuff into it...or God forbid....some meat then you've got no chance.
Bread and watta.

Stuff is cheaper than that
500g pasta is about 35p (smartprice)
4 pints of milk £1
Smartprice sauce 42p
Teabags - £1 for 80

As for fruit and veg, supermarkets now do wonky veg, which is much cheaper.
Whilst meat is pricier, you can get cheaper cuts & make stews & curries with it.

Food doesn't have to be as expensive as some make out.

Stuff is cheaper than that
500g pasta is about 35p (smartprice)
4 pints of milk £1
Smartprice sauce 42p
Teabags - £1 for 80

As for fruit and veg, supermarkets now do wonky veg, which is much cheaper.
Whilst meat is pricier, you can get cheaper cuts & make stews & curries with it.

Food doesn't have to be as expensive as some make out.
Does the cost of cooking that come out of the £1 ?

My electric costs me about £1.50 a day.
The majority of that comes from the washer being on nearly every night, dishwasher every other night, owa lass taking very long showers, running 2 fridge/freezers plus tv's and mobiles/computers on charge & lights being on.
5 mins use of the microwave or electic hob will be coppers. Slow cookers are supposed to be very economic also.

You're the Tory wet dream. Casting assumptions on people. Anyone who struggles to make ends meet must spend all their money on booze and tabs.:rolleyes:
Assumption is the mother of all f***ups - I tend to deal with facts (what I can see, hear or touch). I stick by the comment I made and was bang on the money. You on the other hand are the one making assumptions. For the record, I'm not anything when it comes to politics - but I'm fiercely against shite-hawks, scratters and people who expect everything for nothing. I thank you.

Back