4 games played, 4 assists this season

His social media. Imagine if one of our players kept teasing a move to not only a different club, but a league rival. He'd be getting all sorts of abuse on here.

Clearly a good player. Clearly a player we don't want to spend money on due to his attitude. If he's out of contract next season then I don't see why not like.

Maybe playing for us would change his attitude.

Or maybe being back up here would see him more frequently out on the piss with his marras.
This. I've thought a few times, playing for HIS team might see him stick in (If he is a slacker), but also being back 'home's could make him worse!!

One of the major criticisms of our recruitment over the years has not been doing enough home-work on player's mentality & attitude.

Now it's clear looking at Maddison's stats he has the talent, but we've been bitten far too many times in the past. Playing devils advocate here but is it a case of not wanting another car crash/bad publicity from a player?

We all know for a fact whatever Maddison gets away at a club like Peterborough will only be heightened playing for Sunderland and in the NE.

SD has said numerous times we have the money /club's in a financial state to sign who we need including on the latest podcast.

Last edited:
I can't help think that he'd turn to shit if he moved up here, the goals & assists would dry up whilst he's out on the piss every night and he'd become far too comfortable back in the area....plus, 2.5 million is a lot of money when he will go for nothing at the end of the season.

I could also be wrong.

Last edited:
Well it’s not stopping him on the pitch...

If we can’t afford him then fine, but this “ attitude” rubbish... he’s been consistently excellent in the league we desperately need to get out of this season...
Aye but we've also just gotten rid of a bunch of piss taking arseholes. People couldn't wait to get rid, no matter how good of a player they might have been. I'm not saying he IS a player with bad attitude, I don't know anything about him. Just seems that way, although he is a quality player.

I was one of those clamouring to sign the lad since the start of the summer (based mainly on stats rather than actually seeing him play much like most others on here). I started following him on Instagram around that time too. Not sure I’d be keen on bringing him in now, unprofessional is an understatement, his diet, lifestyle and attitude is appalling by any standards let alone from a pro sportsman.

Interestingly, considering his stats, it seems a lot of Peterborough fans wouldn’t be too sad to see him leave.

I was one of those clamouring to sign the lad since the start of the summer (based mainly on stats rather than actually seeing him play much like most others on here). I started following him on Instagram around that time too. Not sure I’d be keen on bringing him in now, unprofessional is an understatement, his diet, lifestyle and attitude is appalling by any standards let alone from a pro sportsman.

Interestingly, considering his stats, it seems a lot of Peterborough fans wouldn’t be too sad to see him leave.

I don't follow him, but crazy of him to give that perception on social media in this day and age.

I can only imagine the shit he would take after a bad performance from our fans, which would light the pitch forks for the press at a club the size of ours.

I don't see that all, a couple of nights out during the summer and that's it really plus how he has been working on fitness during the summer. Probably missing something like.

He knows he's an asset, knows Peterborough won't leave him out so he basically does what he wants. He'd get a culture shock if he went up there.

Back