4 day break in that London…

Thinking of doing this next week. 3 kids in tow, 13,12 and 9.
Left it a bit late for cheap train tickets from Newcastle, is it best to drive to Peterborough or Watford and train from there?
Premier inn tower bridge any good? Would be cheaper if we had stopped at 2 kids!
Is that the premier inn on st Mary at hill(premier inn London bank tower)? We have stayed there twice, first time was great, very busy but hotel still nice and good service. This time was ok, I just felt like the service wasn’t as good as previously, eg they kept running out of things at breakfast and didn’t replace them for ages. The location is brilliant though, few mins walk from the tube and being right in the middle of the city there are loads of bars/restaurants around.

Just done 3 days with the kids too, loved it, but walked 39k ffs.
An indian restaurant recomended on here was an eye opener!!!
Great city.
We did 5 days with the kids and walked 55 miles. Need a holiday to recover after that!!

Don’t know if it has been mentioned on the thread but the Walkie Talkie building is a better shout than the Shard for viewing area. The Sky Garden on the top floor is free if you can get a booking and has phenomenal 360 views of London. You can also get a drink in there and the prices are surprisingly reasonable considering the venue

Just done 3 days with the kids too, loved it, but walked 39k ffs.
An indian restaurant recomended on here was an eye opener!!!
Great city.
Went Monday, came back yesterday, did similar walking with a bad leg ! Walked from Earls Court to Somerset House for a skateboard expo. Then Soho and Oxford St. Barbican and brick Lane day after .. Camden day after
Don't get no one can walk anywhere without talking to someone on their phone, very loudly . Good break

Is that the premier inn on st Mary at hill(premier inn London bank tower)? We have stayed there twice, first time was great, very busy but hotel still nice and good service. This time was ok, I just felt like the service wasn’t as good as previously, eg they kept running out of things at breakfast and didn’t replace them for ages. The location is brilliant though, few mins walk from the tube and being right in the middle of the city there are loads of bars/restaurants around.

We ended up at the novotel in Hammersmith, they had some good family deals. Rooms are a bit tired but a good base and the staff were great. Free breakfast for the kids, which filled them up till tea time.

Tayaabs. Think we were the only white folk within a square mile but interesting experience n lovely staff.

done cov garden, zoo, science museum, oxford st, wahaca southbank, west ham slide, westfield, emirates skyline etc.
Wahaca is tremendous. I'm still thinking about the crab taco.

Last edited:
We ended up at the novotel in Hammersmith, they had some good family deals. Rooms are a bit tired but a good base and the staff were great. Free breakfast for the kids, which filled them up till tea time.

Arrggh... in a previous job that Novotel used to be our default hotel in London and I've stopped there more times than I care to remember. Yes, it needs a total modernisation but at least it is right next to the Tube station. Also handy for anyone going to or from Heathrow.

Tayaabs. Think we were the only white folk within a square mile but interesting experience n lovely staff.

done cov garden, zoo, science museum, oxford st, wahaca southbank, west ham slide, westfield, emirates skyline etc.

Great food

I played 5 a side round that way for several years, quite a down at heel area and a bit edgy at times

Stayed at that premier inn a few times. To be honest never used the breakfast as that much choice in London for food.
Wetherspoons over the road is handy as well.

Back