3rd March Stats

Hospital data for ST&S is updated weekly on a Thursday.

+/- compared to one week ago.

Figures in brackets for doses = daily total.

36 cases in Sunderland. -29
1 death in Sunderland. 0
4 patients admitted to hospital in South Tyneside & Sunderland. 0
139 patients in hospital in South Tyneside & Sunderland. 0
9 patients on ventilation in South Tyneside & Sunderland. 0

407 cases in the NE. -76
10 deaths in the NE. -3
130 patients admitted to hospital in the NE & Yorks. -38
1,552 patients in hospital in the NE & Yorks. -566
199 patients on ventilation in the NE & Yorks. -49

6,385 cases in the UK. -3,553
315 deaths in the UK. -127
725 patients admitted to hospital in the UK. -602
12,849 patients in hospital in the UK. -3,954
1,709 patients on ventilation in the UK. -564

675,543 tests conducted.

Sunderland 7 day rolling average:
90 cases per 100,000 using backdated data. -52
99 cases per 100,000 using daily data. -64

75 cases per 100,000 for the UK using daily data. -35

20,703,615 (224,996) people have received 1st dose of vaccination in the UK. +2,460,742
895,412 (51,314) people have received 2nd dose of vaccination in the UK. +226,307

Hospital data for ST&S is updated weekly on a Thursday.

+/- compared to one week ago.

Figures in brackets for doses = daily total.

36 cases in Sunderland. -29
1 death in Sunderland. 0
4 patients admitted to hospital in South Tyneside & Sunderland. 0
139 patients in hospital in South Tyneside & Sunderland. 0
9 patients on ventilation in South Tyneside & Sunderland. 0

407 cases in the NE. -76
10 deaths in the NE. -3
130 patients admitted to hospital in the NE & Yorks. -38
1,552 patients in hospital in the NE & Yorks. -566
199 patients on ventilation in the NE & Yorks. -49

6,385 cases in the UK. -3,553
315 deaths in the UK. -127
725 patients admitted to hospital in the UK. -602
12,849 patients in hospital in the UK. -3,954
1,709 patients on ventilation in the UK. -564

675,543 tests conducted.

Sunderland 7 day rolling average:
90 cases per 100,000 using backdated data. -52
99 cases per 100,000 using daily data. -64

75 cases per 100,000 for the UK using daily data. -35

20,703,615 (224,996) people have received 1st dose of vaccination in the UK. +2,460,742
895,412 (51,314) people have received 2nd dose of vaccination in the UK. +226,307
Thanks for doing this . It’s a little ray of hope each evening . Feel awful about the deaths but thankfully they are coming down daily

That's the jaw dropping decline in hospital admissions I've been waiting for. It's been coming down in equal increments but that's a huge fall off. Let's hope we've broken the back of this thing now!

That's the jaw dropping decline in hospital admissions I've been waiting for. It's been coming down in equal increments but that's a huge fall off. Let's hope we've broken the back of this thing now!
Just looked and it is stunning. Assuming this pages cases by a couple of weeks then the numbers will be incredible in a fortnight. Surely there would be no point in keeping us under lock and key if admissions were minimal?

Just looked and it is stunning. Assuming this pages cases by a couple of weeks then the numbers will be incredible in a fortnight. Surely there would be no point in keeping us under lock and key if admissions were minimal?

It depends what you class as 'minimal'. The problem is that there will be those who will argue its minimal because of lockdown rather than the vaccine. I'd be looking at bringing some relaxations forward if hospital admissions hit double figures before April.

I thought the general consensus was that admissions and people in hospital was going to start going down a lot slower and just totter along slowly going down, but it's just falling and falling.

There's the schools effect which will start next week and we'll not know till end of march, but if the bump isn't felt in the admissions and it just keeps going down like it is, then by mid April there's going to very low numbers and the whole restrictions will feel pointless

It depends what you class as 'minimal'. The problem is that there will be those who will argue its minimal because of lockdown rather than the vaccine. I'd be looking at bringing some relaxations forward if hospital admissions hit double figures before April.
Assuming the vaccine protection grows then I can see no reason for too much caution. Even if cases spike the hospitals should not feel that much effect.

They've been waiting on NI data for ages so that drop off is about 4 days worth.
The UK figure is still 2 days behind England which has seen a further 1200 drop in those 2 days. Should be under 10k by end of the week (assuming everthing is upto date). This is people in hospital rather than admissions but the daily admissions data has had same issue.

Last edited:
I thought the general consensus was that admissions and people in hospital was going to start going down a lot slower and just totter along slowly going down, but it's just falling and falling.

There's the schools effect which will start next week and we'll not know till end of march, but if the bump isn't felt in the admissions and it just keeps going down like it is, then by mid April there's going to very low numbers and the whole restrictions will feel pointless
Agreed. It stuck around low 1000s for a while then dropped 120 two days in a row.

Seems to me like we will be arriving at the vaccination of all 50+ and vulnerable about the same time as the weather starts to get better AND hospitalisations are very low. Surely that is a perfect recipe to get rid of restrictions?

They've extended furlough until September. Sounds like they are preparing for the easing of restrictions to slip rather than be eased earlier. Must be to do with the slight slow down of the vaccination program

Back