3rd December Stats

Numbers are generally on the way down but as there is no recognised defined level at which an area moves from tier to tier it’s just a case of stick your finger in the air to see which way the wind is blowing.
Even if the positive tests went under 100 per 100k there is a back up stat to keep an area in a certain tier. It's the percentage of over 90s testing positive who have at least one parent deceased.

That’s f***ing scandalous. I honestly thought it was so many per 100k and you’d be moved down at the next review.

average across England is 157 cases per 100,000 per day, I don’t know but I guess you’d have to get down to that fig and demonstrate that u are likely to stay there, most of the NE whilst falling is well above 157

full details can be found here

As if it's that simplistic.

I believe it's based on a so many per 100k but they also look at the age demographics to see the true picture.

it’s based on:-
Total cases per 100k
Cases per 100k in over 60s
Hospital admissions against capacity
% of positive cases

need all 4 to have dropped to have a chance of moving tiers.
Looking at other tier 2 areas need overall cases to be below 250 and cases in over 60s be below 200.
They were 318 & 256 respectively previously.
Tees valley were 390 & 292

l
it’s based on:-
Total cases per 100k
Cases per 100k in over 60s
Hospital admissions against capacity
% of positive cases

need all 4 to have dropped to have a chance of moving tiers.
Looking at other tier 2 areas need overall cases to be below 250 and cases in over 60s be below 200.
They were 318 & 256 respectively previously.
Tees valley were 390 & 292
the figures are irrelevant. Do you think if on Jan 1st all of England had dropped to 'low' levels in all the measurements that the government would put all of England in Tier 1?. There is not a chance they would do that as SAGE think Tier 1 isnt enough to stop the virus spreading. If it had dropped on Jan 1st they would just say now the vaacine is around it is just to risky to drop our guard, follow the science, one more push, if we move tiers then we need a circuit breaker in February etc

l

the figures are irrelevant. Do you think if on Jan 1st all of England had dropped to 'low' levels in all the measurements that the government would put all of England in Tier 1?. There is not a chance they would do that as SAGE think Tier 1 isnt enough to stop the virus spreading. If it had dropped on Jan 1st they would just say now the vaacine is around it is just to risky to drop our guard, follow the science, one more push, if we move tiers then we need a circuit breaker in February etc
100% this. A lot in Westminster playing the game ahead of the public enquiry.

Back