39 years ago to the day.......

• Thread starter Deleted member 39494
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 39494

Saturday August 16th 1980 that these fcukers first got under my skin, and despite the lows, lows and more lows they've put me through over the years, I wouldn't have changed a thing.

A pint in the New Derby later today and a stroll round the estate that was once Roker Park, standing as near to the where the floodlight pylon was at the Roker End Main Stand Corner where I stood all those years ago......

A 39yr love affair and continuing, that I wouldn't change for all the tea in China.

A repeat 3-1 score tomorrow and this MLF would be a happy bunny FTM:cool:

Saturday August 16th 1980 that these fcukers first got under my skin, and despite the lows, lows and more lows they've put me through over the years, I wouldn't have changed a thing.

A pint in the New Derby later today and a stroll round the estate that was once Roker Park, standing as near to the where the floodlight pylon was at the Roker End Main Stand Corner where I stood all those years ago......

A 39yr love affair and continuing, that I wouldn't change for all the tea in China.

Nice one and 4 days later we went to Man City and won 4-0 to go top, glory days:lol:

Nice one and 4 days later we went to Man City and won 4-0 to go top, glory days:lol:
And that was as good as it got in 39 long years :cry: Although did we not get to 2nd in PL 1999ish? Would of gone top if West Ham hadn't got a late equaliser. 20 years later we are 15th in Division 3, funny old game.

My first game too!

Strange thing is that day might never have happened...all fate.

Fate my dad happened to work in the same office with a SAFC fan (also not from God's Country) and who he struck up a friendship with not long after he transferred to his Portman Square office.

Fate we happened to be having a family holiday up in Whitby that week.

Fate the fixture computer had the lads at home that weekend, an away game 1st match of the season and things might have been different.

I did beg them to take me to Maine Road the following Wednesday.....but not to be.

It's 39yrs ago, but the happy memories are still as fresh as that fateful sunny day in August stood on the Roker End.

Strange thing is that day might never have happened...all fate.

Fate my dad happened to work in the same office with a SAFC fan (also not from God's Country) and who he struck up a friendship with not long after he transferred to his Portman Square office.

Fate we happened to be having a family holiday up in Whitby that week.

Fate the fixture computer had the lads at home that weekend, an away game 1st match of the season and things might have been different.

I did beg them to take me to Maine Road the following Wednesday.....but not to be.

It's 39yrs ago, but the happy memories are still as fresh as that fateful sunny day in August stood on the Roker End.

And that was as good as it got in 39 long years :cry: Although did we not get to 2nd in PL 1999ish? Would of gone top if West Ham hadn't got a late equaliser. 20 years later we are 15th in Division 3, funny old game.
Aye, didn’t we play most of that West Ham game with 10 men, was gutting when they equalised

Happy Days!!

What the clip doesn't show is after Hawley scored his penalty and was jogging back for the kick-off, a young lad ran out from the Clockstand Paddock towards him and he points to the lad to get off the pitch.

Also doesn't show Everton's poor 500ish away following in the Clockstand Paddock that day.

Back