39 bodies found in lorry

None of us know for sure if it’s most or not.

Like I said, I see no difference to a local lad breaking laws to feather his own nest.

Eh, if they had 30k laying around then surely they would fly in on a tourist VISA and then 'disappear' rather than subjecting themselves to weeks or months in the back of a lorry with 38 other people's excrement and the possibility they may suffocate to death?

Eh, if they had 30k laying around then surely they would fly in on a tourist VISA and then 'disappear' rather than subjecting themselves to weeks or months in the back of a lorry with 38 other people's excrement and the possibility they may suffocate to death?
Not that easy to get a tourist visa with a weak passport.

Not that easy to get a tourist visa with a weak passport.

You can apply for a Standard Visitor VISA is you come to the UK from Vietnam for Tourism, all you have to do is show you have a return flight, can support yourself during your stay which, with 30k in the back-pocket, won't be that difficult and promise that you'll leave. The point is that if you have access to £30,000, getting into the UK does not need to be in the back of a container with 38 other people.

You can apply for a Standard Visitor VISA is you come to the UK from Vietnam for Tourism, all you have to do is show you have a return flight, can support yourself during your stay which, with 30k in the back-pocket, won't be that difficult and promise that you'll leave. The point is that if you have access to £30,000, getting into the UK does not need to be in the back of a container with 38 other people.

don't forget there will be some who cannot get any visa on their own ID because they have previously been told to leave the UK, while others will have listened to the rumours back in their home countries as to why illegal trafficking is possibly best option, etc?
Its not about the 30k or however much they think they have to pay. Its about how they can get into the UK and then vanish off the radar to earn hard cash and not pay tax... Sadly the UK Government avoids the real issue (their inability to check every inhabitant) which is why all these people want to reach the UK... chicken and egg :rolleyes:

Last edited:
and that is pretty much the root cause... its very much a chicken or the egg theory (economic migrants will continue to flood the UK economy while they can vanish once here, and plenty of traffickers out there wanting to make a quick buck) ... they also favour the UK because we have no proper or competent system in place within the UK
Millions of untaxed pounds are being made within the UK and sent back to countries of origin simply because the system (as in no proper system) allows them to do this! - But no politician will ever accept or admit to this being the root cause... likewise, the press/media will know what has really gone wrong but will never ask the relevant questions - much better for both their careers that they continue to dump every illegal immigration issue under the same umbrella :rolleyes:
Using the term ‘flood’ implies that it is unsustainable.

just like to know how you’ve reached that conclusion

and that is pretty much the root cause... its very much a chicken or the egg theory (economic migrants will continue to flood the UK economy while they can vanish once here, and plenty of traffickers out there wanting to make a quick buck) ... they also favour the UK because we have no proper or competent system in place within the UK
Millions of untaxed pounds are being made within the UK and sent back to countries of origin simply because the system (as in no proper system) allows them to do this! - But no politician will ever accept or admit to this being the root cause... likewise, the press/media will know what has really gone wrong but will never ask the relevant questions - much better for both their careers that they continue to dump every illegal immigration issue under the same umbrella :rolleyes:

The shadow economy must be f***ing huge like.

Try and pay by card at any chinese takeaway.

Using the term ‘flood’ implies that it is unsustainable.

just like to know how you’ve reached that conclusion

the government of the UK has almost zero grip or handle on the situation because simple fact is that once you are within the UK you can vanish and earn cash. People in other less well off countries know this and this is reason why they target the UK as their final destination.
A rough estimate says millions of illegal entries... but if the UK Government admitted to the root cause they would also be admitting to incompetence... so best to stick with the story or line that the people trying to get to the UK are all trying to escape from a regime that is out to kill or harm them or their families.

Over recent years those jumping in boats to cross over from Africa or Turkey to EU countries knew that they would get picked up at sea and taken to nearest EU port. This actually encouraged more traffickers to do the transport... once the EU ruled that they would get taken back to point of exit the traffickers lost their illegal business and the wave of arrivals slowed down

Sometimes governments create bigger issues due to their stop gap mentality. I could go on.... bottom line, you asked about the term 'flood' and I have given you the answer. You will probably ignore the answer though if you continue to believe that the Government is as competent as they try and make out ;)

the government of the UK has almost zero grip or handle on the situation because simple fact is that once you are within the UK you can vanish and earn cash. People in other less well off countries know this and this is reason why they target the UK as their final destination.
A rough estimate says millions of illegal entries... but if the UK Government admitted to the root cause they would also be admitting to incompetence... so best to stick with the story or line that the people trying to get to the UK are all trying to escape from a regime that is out to kill or harm them or their families.

Over recent years those jumping in boats to cross over from Africa or Turkey to EU countries knew that they would get picked up at sea and taken to nearest EU port. This actually encouraged more traffickers to do the transport... once the EU ruled that they would get taken back to point of exit the traffickers lost their illegal business and the wave of arrivals slowed down

Sometimes governments create bigger issues due to their stop gap mentality. I could go on.... bottom line, you asked about the term 'flood' and I have given you the answer. You will probably ignore the answer though if you continue to believe that the Government is as competent as they try and make out ;)
They can’t claim any benefits or anything like that. They don’t exist on paper.

They can’t claim any benefits or anything like that. They don’t exist on paper.

they don't want to exist on paper... that's their purpose... they earn cash best way they can (doesn't matter to them) and send back home. If they need medical help they can just pop into nearest hospital and use any old ID to receive treatment. Some of these gangs also have same address and ID details for all of their illegal employees... the Government, the Council, the education depts, the NHS, etc all have an excuse to say its somebody else's problem to deal with... the wheel keeps going around and more arrive.... like a flood ;)

Last edited:
they don't want to exist on paper... that's their purpose... they earn cash best way they can (doesn't matter to them) and send back home. If they need medical help they can just pop into nearest hospital and use any old ID to receive treatment. Some of these gangs also have same address and ID details for all of their illegal employees... the Government, the Council, the education depts, the NHS, etc all have an excuse to say its somebody else's problem to deal with... the wheel keeps going around and more arrive.... like a flood ;)
They do the work that British people are too bone idle to do

Couple of years back a Vietnamese NHS surgeon sent approx million quid back home in roughly a year if I remember correctly, he served time for money laundering and was then deported?
Couple of years back a Vietnamese NHS surgeon sent approx million quid back home in roughly a year if I remember correctly, he served time for money laundering and was then deported?
Just checked, I was wrong, it wasn't a million, it was £5,000,000.

Last edited:

wouldn't or doesn't surprise me if true... the big issue is that people can get away with this or similar types of practices because the local authorities have no proper way of control. Its therefore rather ironic the Brexiteers shouting taking control back of our borders when there is even less control within those very borders! :lol:

We won’t ever know all the facts. Coming in on the lorry means home authorities don’t know you left and the UK ones don’t know you are here. If you breach the visa I presume there is a warrant out with your face on it.

It's not as easy as you say, but if they had 30k in the bank, it would tick one of the boxes off. That said, if you produce a bank statement with 30k in it, but shown no evidence of a job, monthly income into the bank, it would be discarded. The UK immigration are looking for evidence that you will return to Vietnam after your trip is over, so having a regular contract job, proof of home ownership etc, it makes it easier. Those found in the truck are from mainly rural areas, who just won't be able to provide all the evidence they'll return to VN.

It's not as easy as you say, but if they had 30k in the bank, it would tick one of the boxes off. That said, if you produce a bank statement with 30k in it, but shown no evidence of a job, monthly income into the bank, it would be discarded. The UK immigration are looking for evidence that you will return to Vietnam
BINGO,correct,everyone just hears 30k and thinks no problemo they can get a visa,without understanding the true facts,I married a foreign national,my sis did,my nephew is about to,and I have lots of friends and other family who have had to go through the visa process,as I put earlier on in this thread,it’s not as cut and dried as having the passport and 30k so you get a visa,the Vietnam passport is classed as a weak passport.

Well two blokes with metal detectors got huge sentences last week for not declaring a find. Surely killing a couple of dozen people is worse than that?
16 years is my guess, all manslaughter sentences to run concurrently, with a few on top for the other offences

Back