39 bodies found in lorry

I suppose if you come in legitimately on a holiday then disappear, the authorities know you are still here. If you are smuggled in and work illegally, nobody knows you are here.
Surely the bloke fitting their 55” telly would grass on them? Or when they go to cash their benefits cheque we always seem to pay them when you read the papers.

Surely the bloke fitting their 55” telly would grass on them? Or when they go to cash their benefits cheque we always seem to pay them when you read the papers.
Maybe, maybe not.
I would have thought however, that the council housing officer showing them around their newly allocated 4 bedroom detached house might have a few questions to ask.

Its in effect wjat they charge them as a loan that they have topay off by working fir pennies in a nail bar
Not always, often a family sell a piece of land, or club together to get a family member smuggled to the west. One of the men in the lorry had worked in Russia and France before deciding on the UK, one girl had worked in Japan, its rarely cut and dried.

A horribly tangled web. Fingers crossed they catch up with the Gang Masters / all the criminals involved in this disgraceful case and those poor folks that died get justice.

This, surely 30k is a enough to get you started

I’m going to go against the grain on this one like.

If people in Vietnam can pay tens of thousands to illegally enter the U.K. I am bordering on zero sympathy as it’s a greed manoeuvre gone wrong. No different to a lad from Sunderland who grew up with fuck all and got into dealing because he wanted more money to benefit himself and his family. The difference is he wouldn’t be getting any sympathy on here if handed a 25 stretch, he’d be getting laughed at.

The Vietnamese in this case aren’t asylum seekers, they are seeking to break immigration law which is there for good reason, for personal gain.

If people in Vietnam can pay tens of thousands to illegally enter the U.K. I am bordering on zero sympathy as it’s a greed manoeuvre gone wrong. No different to a lad from Sunderland who grew up with fuck all and got into dealing because he wanted more money to benefit himself and his family. The difference is he wouldn’t be getting any sympathy on here if handed a 25 stretch, he’d be getting laughed at.

The Vietnamese in this case aren’t asylum seekers, they are seeking to break immigration law which is there for good reason, for personal gain.
They are actually economic migrants, not fleeing persecution, one of them had worked in Russia, Romania, France, then decided on the UK. Illegal immigration is illegal immigration however its dressed up, equally as culpable as the smugglers who offered the service to get them here. I have met a few illegals, quite a few, to a man/woman they came here by choice to make cash, pay no tax, and send the money back to their home country.

They are actually economic migrants, not fleeing persecution, one of them had worked in Russia, Romania, France, then decided on the UK. Illegal immigration is illegal immigration however its dressed up, equally as culpable as the smugglers who offered the service to get them here. I have met a few illegals, quite a few, to a man/woman they came here by choice to make cash, pay no tax, and send the money back to their home country.

Agree. Hence limited sympathy on my part.

Agree. Hence limited sympathy on my part.
Little sympathy for 39 people’s sons and daughters dying in a freezer, because they wanted to travel here and work hard to better themselves?

Bear in mind none of them would have been able to claim any benefits here.

Are you sure?

When Brexit causes hardship here there might be lads going off to work in Germany and the likes.

Little sympathy for 39 people’s sons and daughters dying in a freezer, because they wanted to travel here and work hard to better themselves?

Bear in mind none of them would have been able to claim any benefits here.

Are you sure?

When Brexit causes hardship here there might be lads going off to work in Germany and the likes.

It’s no different to a lad or lass already here doing illegal shit to “better themselves” I.e. get more money to feather their own nest. I’d risk my life doing something daft for a few million quid, if I’d got it wrong I don’t think I’d attract any sympathy. I don’t wish anyone dead and this situation is sad, but they were relatively wealthy people in a stable country taking a risk to chase coin.

Most of them don't, they work off the debt in nail bars or working in Cannabis farms, you really think these people have 30k just sitting about ?

It’s a shite world
I got wind of another incident through work last night but it’s now on the news. Thankfully all well. BBC report 1 in hospital but not serious.
If we really want to stop this then the border force need investment. It might stop people being hurt in the back of lorries if they know they are going to be caught

Last edited:

and that is pretty much the root cause... its very much a chicken or the egg theory (economic migrants will continue to flood the UK economy while they can vanish once here, and plenty of traffickers out there wanting to make a quick buck) ... they also favour the UK because we have no proper or competent system in place within the UK
Millions of untaxed pounds are being made within the UK and sent back to countries of origin simply because the system (as in no proper system) allows them to do this! - But no politician will ever accept or admit to this being the root cause... likewise, the press/media will know what has really gone wrong but will never ask the relevant questions - much better for both their careers that they continue to dump every illegal immigration issue under the same umbrella :rolleyes:

Back