39 bodies found in lorry

Some of the text messages they tried to send to family is heartbreaking. How can some people put money ahead of humanity so easily?!
Happens the world over,? whether it be people trafficking immigrant workers, sex workers, smuggling heroin etc etc. Always a price that some will take to detriment of their fellow man

Happens the world over,? whether it be people trafficking immigrant workers, sex workers, smuggling heroin etc etc. Always a price that some will take to detriment of their fellow man
True,the deceased were complicit in the smuggle, they paid cash to be moved from A-B by whatever means, sadly in the end they paid the ultimate price, but must have thought the gamble worth it originally.

True,the deceased were complicit in the smuggle, they paid cash to be moved from A-B by whatever means, sadly in the end they paid the ultimate price, but must have thought the gamble worth it originally.
Aye, same as people hopping on dinghies and the like. The risk is worth the reward for them. Pays ya money you takes ya chance

Economic migrants, crack down hard on them, and even harder on the people that exploit them. f they were treated the same here as they are in France that would
Aye, same as people hopping on dinghies and the like. The risk is worth the reward for them. Pays ya money you takes ya chance
So treat them the same here as in france and Belgium, and then no one is going to risk their lives crossing the channel. Need to massively increase the penalties for employing illegals .

Need to massively increase the penalties for employing illegals .

This bit in particular. Cut off the head and the body will die. Metaphorically.
And indeed literally but we're not savages.

When businesses can get away with it, they'll still encourage people to try and get over.
Those wanting to get over are in the main searching for a better life. In reality they'll end up in some sweatshop or locked in a minging flat over a restaurant or worse.

Big sentences handed out by the Old Bailey judge ranging from 13 up to 27 years
I think I've become anesthatised to the atrocities that happen almost on a daily basis around the world these days. I find it very hard to be shocked anymore by what I read. But every so often a terrible story comes along that takes shocking to a new level.
Those people dying like that really upset me and still does. Their deaths shouldn't have happened and are on the back of making utter scum of the earth some easy money. I'm pleased with the sentences I was concerned they wouldn't reflect the terrible crime that was committed. Let's hope their years in prison aren't pleasant ones.
As an adage I'd rather we just opened our borders to anybody who wanted to come here. Than have a tragedy like that happen again. Not practical I know but it would stop anymore kids bodies ariving in containers, or being washed up on Kent beaches.

Back