352 scrapped

Seemed like he'd conjured up an extra player to me, seeing as they were doubling up on McGeady and playing an extra man in mid-field. Perhaps the ref should have a count up before KO
Harness is a pretty defensive Winger so, when tracking back with McLaughlin, was suggesting he could concentrate more on McGeady than McLaughlin, assuming that McLaughlin wouldn't get too far away from him.

As it is, playing Maguire in the middle may scupper that, as can rotate your 3 attacking midfielders more easily if we do double up on him.

I agree, although I'm not sure how up for it and fit he is. He's played one full game of football in the last 4 1/2 months. That said, his last two full games were both against Pompey, so maybe we bring out the best in him!
It's all ifs and buts and who's up for it on the day. That was shown on the matches we played against each other last season.

Bit disapointed he has dropped Dobson
On paper, Leadbitter and Power is our strongest pairing and they did well in midweek (albeit against mid table L1 opposition rather than our main promotion rivals) so I understand why he did it. It would also have been understandable if we’d gone for a Leadbitter/Power/Dobson midfield 3, which we still might do if we find ourselves strugglung with a 2 v 3 situation in midfield.

Dobson should be playing, simple as that. Disappointing Wyke isn't starting, but I'd like to think hoof ball won't play a part if this is the case.

You think he changed because of fans? It just wasn't working.

I actually do, why
If true, happy with that from a Pompey perspective. Wyke and McNulty are your best choice as a striking partnership on current form, but we've got a tall team so shouldn't be bullied by long balls up to Wyke and I'm not convinced by your distribution from defence.

Assuming McGeady is on the left flank, we can double up on him without worrying about a left footer on the overlap, as McLaughlin would prefer to cut back before crossing. Harness should enjoy trying to get past McLaughlin on the touchline, and he's a decent right footed crosser.

Also presumably means 2 midfielders against our three, which should allow is to get Cannon and Close forward to press your midfield pair closer to your defence which, if you continue playing the high defensive line you used last year, should increase our chances of through balls and isolate your attacking players.

:lol:

If true, happy with that from a Pompey perspective. Wyke and McNulty are your best choice as a striking partnership on current form, but we've got a tall team so shouldn't be bullied by long balls up to Wyke and I'm not convinced by your distribution from defence.

Assuming McGeady is on the left flank, we can double up on him without worrying about a left footer on the overlap, as McLaughlin would prefer to cut back before crossing. Harness should enjoy trying to get past McLaughlin on the touchline, and he's a decent right footed crosser.

Also presumably means 2 midfielders against our three, which should allow is to get Cannon and Close forward to press your midfield pair closer to your defence which, if you continue playing the high defensive line you used last year, should increase our chances of through balls and isolate your attacking players.
You were spot on, Alain Perrin.

You were spot on, Alain Perrin.
Wasn't far off, to be fair, considering it wasn't the team you played. We did nullify McGeady for the most part, apart from a lucky bounce off a tackle on a breakaway. We did look better when we pushed higher up and you had to resort to long balls which, apart from the one that led to the goal, were pretty ineffective. When Wyke came on, we also kept him in check for the most part. Your goals came from a breakaway and a corner, neither of which had anything to do with our tactical shape.

Harness isn't a good right footed crosser, mind, and he should have done more against your left back.

Wasn't far off, to be fair, considering it wasn't the team you played. We did nullify McGeady for the most part, apart from a lucky bounce off a tackle on a breakaway. We did look better when we pushed higher up and you had to resort to long balls which, apart from the one that led to the goal, were pretty ineffective. When Wyke came on, we also kept him in check for the most part. Your goals came from a breakaway and a corner, neither of which had anything to do with our tactical shape.

Harness isn't a good right footed crosser, mind, and he should have done more against your left back.
:lol:

That was yous last season, matey.

Really, nobody cares as long as we get the job done and go from there.

Back