35 Years Of Football Computer Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

i used to like Soccer Boss and Striker , all those old footy manager games were awesome, football director 1+2 remember FA Cup where you picked 10 teams and see if you could get through the draws... class

Kick off 2 was by far the best two player football game ever. Three of four of us Used to go to mates on the way home from work and have tournaments on the Amiga before his wife got home.
The only rules were that no chip shots straight from kick off as you could score every time.

Kick off 2 was by far the best two player football game ever. Three of four of us Used to go to mates on the way home from work and have tournaments on the Amiga before his wife got home.
The only rules were that no chip shots straight from kick off as you could score every time.

Brilliant! We used to do the same. We had no rules though, anything went, this included purposefully running into sliding tackles to get someone sent off. We always used S. Screech as referee as it was nearly always instant red with him. If your team got a centre back sent off it was practically games over :lol:

What was the one Clough put his name to?

Sure it had a board element to it anarl

Brian Cloughs Football Fortunes. Was fkn epic, boardgame, computer game and card game all in one. Many a night spent on that with mates arguing like fuck!

The pressure of turning the card over each time you landed on the square and dreading the 2 best players killed in a car crash card! :D

Brian Cloughs Football Fortunes. Was fkn epic, boardgame, computer game and card game all in one. Many a night spent on that with mates arguing like fuck!

The pressure of turning the card over each time you landed on the square and dreading the 2 best players killed in a car crash card! :D

This game was literally years ahead of its time, it was absolutely brilliant. It could go on that long you had to leave your Commodore 64 on over night and then wait for your mates to come back round to finish it off. Hell on if anyone needed the dining room table for something stupid like eating off it!

No ones mentioned European club soccer for the mega drive yet :eek:

I remember putting the code three shredded wheat to boost stamina

Great times

No ones mentioned European club soccer for the mega drive yet :eek:

I remember putting the code three shredded wheat to boost stamina

Great times

I've got that too :lol: well, i've got the box and manual - no idea where the cartridge is.

Always liked customising the strips :lol:

Bring back many memories???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l6sKoL0qSOQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Obviously Sensible World Of Soccer is the finest most groundbreaking of all time.
Closely followed by Goal.

Both Amiga classics.

Emelyn Hughes's international football, was 1st footy game I fell in love with. You could actually edit names of players and put yourself in a red n white shirt.

Others notable worth a mention are. Sensible soccer, Italia '90, Kick off, early FiFA's and International super star soccer and all it's various guises and evolutions.

Sensi soccer was the best like

But honerable mention for Footballer of the year 2 on the spectrum like.

You had to answer footy triva to earn chance to score in the match. It was class, got the to point we knew the answer to every question n all.

Has to put a bit of tape over the power LED so me dad didn't know we weren't switching the bloody thing off like!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back