34 League One games in 2019

Yes. With that win percentage we won't get automatic promotion.
we won't even reach the play offs man
If Sam wants to manage us in League 1, then he needs to appreciate he will be on league 1 wages until he gets us promoted. If he wants to come here and claim 3m a year as a final pay off the bloke can fuck off
I don't give a fuck how much he or any other manager gets as long as he gets us promoted. We have no chance under Ross

Last edited:
I want him to succeed, I really do but you just cant argue with those stats given our budget, our facilities, our ambitions.

There were circumstances last season that I'll give him benefit of, and any reasonable person would give him X games this season to demonstrate improvement.

But what's the X deadline and are we seeing the improvement?

That's SD's decision and I fear it's going to be too long at too little or no improvement.

I’m the same mate; but I honestly believe if things don’t improve he will be gone by mid Oct.

Mind, if we lose/draw on Sat; the new owners and SD have an interesting dilemma. I imagine they are keen for the MK game to be a day full of optimism and I can’t see them being too happy if all the attention is on how long Ross will survive.
we won't even reach the play offs man

I don't give a fuck how much he or any other manager gets as long as he gets us promoted. We have no chance under Ross

We need to get the right person. Paying Sam his standard 3-4m a season is not the way forward.

If, however, he agrees to a contract that rewards success; then that is different. Personally though, I suspect he is looking for a final pay off before retiring to Portugal

Last edited:
Including the play off games. Only 14 won.
Are we allowed to criticise that?

Don't think back end of last seasons form will come into consideration like. That's done with.

This season hasn't been the end of the world tbh. If that game in hand got played and we won it, we'd be a point off top. I think they are just about on track for this season, maybe shy by about two points.

It's the performances that people have the issue with, and based on last night's performance, it needs to change. But I won't be complaining if we are top 4 in around 5-6 matches time.

Those stats don't matter. It's McGeady's fault for missing the pen :rolleyes: No chance of automatic promotion with Ross in charge. No chance at all, and that's despite the league as a whole being much, much weaker this time around.

I want him to succeed, I really do but you just cant argue with those stats given our budget, our facilities, our ambitions.

There were circumstances last season that I'll give him benefit of, and any reasonable person would give him X games this season to demonstrate improvement.

That's SD's decision and I fear it's going to be too long at too little or no improvement.

Agree. I’d personally do it now. We’ve seen enough that he isn’t learning from mistakes.

Results have definitely been better than performances too.

We’re never going to go on a “bad run” in L1, so doubt we’ll get the 3 or 4 consecutive defeats that would often oversee a sacking. It just feels like it’s death by a thousand cuts...

Agree. I’d personally do it now. We’ve seen enough that he isn’t learning from mistakes.

Results have definitely been better than performances too.

We’re never going to go on a “bad run” in L1, so doubt we’ll get the 3 or 4 consecutive defeats that would often oversee a sacking. It just feels like it’s death by a thousand cuts...

Exactly, we are that used to sacking managers for being in a relegation zone where there may be 5 defeats in 6 games, that it does seem alien to contemplate sacking a manager for being in 4th position.

But it is just underachieving in a different way.

Me too.
I want safc to succeed and I want him to succeed. I want him to be the next legendary Scottish manager striding through Europe laying waste to the megaclubs like Barca, Bayern, Juve and Real in a manner that makes Shankly, Busby, Fergie and Stein look like David fuckin Moyes.
In fact I think I want it more than he does.

Agreed - whilst the league position is OK as are the results on paper....we do actually need to change expectations from the recent dark years where we new anything but a defeat was a positive result. For a club of our size, stature, facilities and quality of players to be scratching around in this terrible standard division is criminal. Take a step back and think about the teams we are playing (in terms of squad value, ground size, fan base, history etc)......we are slowly drifting into being a Div 1 team......that should never be considered acceptable and things need to change quickly to ensure that is not allowed to happen.

If Sam wants to manage us in League 1, then he needs to appreciate he will be on league 1 wages until he gets us promoted. If he wants to come here and claim 3m a year as a final pay off the bloke can fuck off
If the owners want him (or another big name) and If he came he would be on huge wages and a huge budget for league 1./championship. He's a proven premier league manager and surely his only remit would be premier league in 2/3 years.
That's why, Probably the only one on here who is yet to get over excited about the takeover until plans are made public.

Last edited:

Back