30GB Data for £10 a month mobile SIM. Too good to be true???

• Thread starter Deleted member 30853
  • Start date

Seriously, is Vectone the shite provider that has been suggested elsewhere?

Having never heard of them, I took a look at trustpilot: Vectone Mobile UK is rated "Bad" with 0.7 / 10 on Trustpilot

1/5 = Why even chance it.

I thought as much anyway. I just wanted to know if anyone on here had heard of them. The deal looked good at first glance, the problem being too good to the point where I though it was likely to be as affordable to the company as the Brexit dividend is to the finances of the NHS (i.e. not enough and unsustainable).

I tend to watch Netflix or iPlayer on my lunch hour and can't get wifi, also if I'm watching something on an evening and the wife has the telly and our broadband is running a bit slow cos the bairns are streaming on their tablets then I'll switch onto 4G.

I've got 10GB data and come nowhere near my monthly data allowance. 30GB seems pointless to me on a mobile.

Only use I can think of, if you have an old mobile lying around and hoye a 30GB Sim in and switch the hotspot on, that'd be kinda decent for home internet, as long as you had a strong 4G signal where you live.

I've used over 30gb this month and still have 4 days before my plan refreshes :lol: waiting for broadband in the new gaff so been eating away at it.

Who the fuck wants 30GB of data? I struggle to use 1.
After being with EE for years I now use Smarty (Use the 3 network) where I pay £10 a month for 4GB with unlimited mins/texts. If I don't use the full 4GB then I get refunded for every MB I don't use so it can be as little as £5 if you used no data. If I used 1GB (1GB is more than my average as I've got wifi most time) then I'd pay £6.25 as it's basically £1.25 per GB. This is a canny plan for low data users as you don't pay for excess data but it's there if you need it. I'm actually leaving them as I've now got a BT SIM with my broadband plan.

Simple, honest mobile | SMARTY

I went for the £10 plan but you can also get a £7.50 plan that gives you 2GB and unlimited mins/texts. You can refer people for a free month for them and yourself but as I'm leaving soon I'm not sure I can really refer anyone but you could refer your family/mates.

After being with EE for years I now use Smarty (Use the 3 network) where I pay £10 a month for 4GB with unlimited mins/texts. If I don't use the full 4GB then I get refunded for every MB I don't use so it can be as little as £5 if you used no data. If I used 1GB (1GB is more than my average as I've got wifi most time) then I'd pay £6.25 as it's basically £1.25 per GB. This is a canny plan for low data users as you don't pay for excess data but it's there if you need it. I'm actually leaving them as I've now got a BT SIM with my broadband plan.

Simple, honest mobile | SMARTY

I went for the £10 plan but you can also get a £7.50 plan that gives you 2GB and unlimited mins/texts. You can refer people for a free month for them and yourself but as I'm leaving soon I'm not sure I can really refer anyone but you could refer your family/mates.
Thats interesting and would have a lot of appeal however where I live the only decent signal is EE so we're kind of stuck with them.

I pay £15 a month for 2500 minutes, unlimited texts and 24 gig with Virgin. Coverage isn't perfect for calls (IMO), but other than that I can't knock it. And it rolls over. Used about 5 gig a month thus far.

Back