3 in 3

Conceded first in the league again. Great result today but this cost us last season and it doesn’t look like it’s going to improve. Last season Luton won the league by coming straight out the blocks and trying to win games in the first half. Takes us at least half an hour to even turn up
Luton had a really slow start, they only started playing after 10 or so games

Don't understand the negativity at times, a very close game between 2 teams who will very likely be in the mix at the end of the season. Was surprised we didn't get a 3rd so we cant be accusing the team of sitting back and defending for an hour. Taking away the absolute comedy of errors that led to their goal, we looked very composed and assured at the back for most of the game.

The point I’m making is that we’re making the exact same mistakes as we did last season

Know where you're coming from. We were very lucky early doors last season and everyone said "good teams get results when they play badly" and we thought "new squad, just wait until they gel". After second half of last saeson's collapse I'm more hopeful that JR can turn it around rather than confident he will. Still we live in hope and still in the mix as yet.

Other than conceding a very scrappy goal, the only time i felt we were not in control was when the brought the #15 on and he ran riot down our left until JR brought on Hume to counteract it.
Other than that, nothing to fear from Pompey and we saw out an important win without ever hitting the heights.

JR said that lifted the shackles off the team ?!?! So we need to conceed to start playing ????
He wouldn't have been saying that if we hadn't equalised so quickly. We have to stop giving ourselves a mountain to climb. The positive is we still haven't lost, despite going behind in every game. Hopefully we can score first in a few, starting tomorrow.

Back