3 at the back best for us?

im gonna stop commenting on Gooch, either everyone is watching different games to me or there's some kind of joke im not in on.

The bloke is a liability for 70 minutes, then pops up with a moment of decent play and that's it.
Think you're just letting biases get the way.

Didn't put a foot wrong either defensively or going forward in the 2nd half. I also don't think he was any worse than the rest of them in the first.

You won't be the first or the last on here to stick to their guns in the face of mounting evidence to the contrary mind.

Shite first half, pretty good second half. He's not the answer for progression, but he will fill the void for now
People said this last year, that Gooch 'isn't the answer if we want to progress' while we were sat between 5th-8th in League 1. We're now 21 games into the following season, and we're 1 point off the Championship playoffs. We've already progressed massively, with him playing regularly.

Do you think he is a better Centre Back than Ballard?
Ballard has played two full games for us but has been awarded a 10 by some fans for every game he has been injured.

Unless 09 is injured or loses form TM will keep him in the team. Ballard will get his chance when a current central defender is unavailable.

If he ever gets fit!

Do you think he is a better Centre Back than Ballard?
He’s important to the way we play coming out of defence. Ballard was excellent before his injury and will ultimately be first choice I think but O’Nien thoroughly deserves his place.
Play your strongest team it's like saying Simms is doing well let's keep Stewart on the bench
Strongest team doesn’t always just mean eleven best players though. If it did Bally would never have got a game in midfield and was vital there for all his limitations.

Last edited:

Back