2nd test v N.Zealand 10-14 June

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry to hear that mate. At least he took that day with him as his last memory, if its any consolation at all.

Thanks. I do take consolation from the fact that he died with the memory of him being at TB watching a great day of test cricket which he loved. I think only watching County make the big time would have made him happier. It may seem insesitve at the moment but I'm hoping to convince the wife that we can keep a hold of a little of his remains to take to Australia in 25 so he can finally get to see an England test match over there.

Fantasic day of cricket of it was. Bairstow has certainly put to bed the doubts about playing francise cricket.

Unfortunatley, the day will be forever tainted for me.

After a glorious day at his home of cricket, Trent Bridge, Roy, my brother in law, a true friend of nearly 50 year, passed away last Tuesday. He loved cricket, he was never away from the place over the river from him. Loved Notts and County. I'd spent the day with him in the sun, a few beers and watching one of England's greatest Test match cricket days. When we went home, all he could talk about was that it was his dream to see England over in Australia for a test match like I had. I will take him with me in 2025 but it'll have to be in my heart as that night he went to sleep and never woke up. He's left his wishes with my wife which is that he wants to scattered at Meadow Lane and Trent Bridge which we will try our utmost best to do. I'm devestated hence the no reply @Ghfd until now. He seemed alright at TB, complained of a bit of a headache and that his eyes weren't what they were. Jokingly I said they bloody better be if Bairstow puts another shot our way. Roy passed away in his sleep that night with a massive bleed on his brain.

Sorry to ruin the thread guys.
Sad news, condolences to all concerned. You are among mates on the the cricket forum

Sad news, condolences to all concerned. You are among mates on the the cricket forum

Thanks mate. I just hope, one way or another, I can grant him that (almost last because the actual last one was another beer) wish that he can get over to the land of our criminal cousions (his words) to see a test.

In my heart, Roy, you will be there.

I've just remembered something he once said to me, we went wherever we could on these shores to watch England, in 2009. We went to the first Test at Sophia Gardens ("I thought the convict cousions were playing England not bloody Wales" he said)

Anyhow, he was convinced when Collingwood went, that was it. We'd lost. He was ready to gan home. I said we might as well stay now, it'll be over in half an hour. We all know what happened with Jimmy and Monty seeing out the day and thus the match. I hadn't seen how many balls they'd seen to get the draw but he kept his eyes open for that sort of thing. When it was all over as we walkes out he went to me "that was the best 69 I've ever had." :lol:

*Jimmy and Monty had seen out 69 balls to the end

Fantasic day of cricket of it was. Bairstow has certainly put to bed the doubts about playing francise cricket.

Unfortunatley, the day will be forever tainted for me.

After a glorious day at his home of cricket, Trent Bridge, Roy, my brother in law, a true friend of nearly 50 year, passed away last Tuesday. He loved cricket, he was never away from the place over the river from him. Loved Notts and County. I'd spent the day with him in the sun, a few beers and watching one of England's greatest Test match cricket days. When we went home, all he could talk about was that it was his dream to see England over in Australia for a test match like I had. I will take him with me in 2025 but it'll have to be in my heart as that night he went to sleep and never woke up. He's left his wishes with my wife which is that he wants to scattered at Meadow Lane and Trent Bridge which we will try our utmost best to do. I'm devestated hence the no reply @Ghfd until now. He seemed alright at TB, complained of a bit of a headache and that his eyes weren't what they were. Jokingly I said they bloody better be if Bairstow puts another shot our way. Roy passed away in his sleep that night with a massive bleed on his brain.

Sorry to ruin the thread guys.
Fuck man. Sorry to hear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back