2nd test v N.Zealand 10-14 June

Status
Not open for further replies.
They do mate.

Just my opinion but think Leach’s averages flatters him.

He doesn’t look dangerous in the slightest and not only are teams not worried about him, they actually see him as the weakest link in our bowling attack and like you say look to target him.
I think folks being too quick to judge Leach. But opinions, opinions, the board would be boring without them.

one thing I do is tell rashid and Ali to get lost. I'm not impressed for them to turn up and ask for a game when things are going well. And it's not like their last games were particularly special. I was a big Ali fan back in the day but not anymore.

I think folks being too quick to judge Leach. But opinions, opinions, the board would be boring without them.

one thing I do is tell rashid and Ali to get lost. I'm not impressed for them to turn up and ask for a game when things are going well. And it's not like their last games were particularly special. I was a big Ali fan back in the day but not anymore.
Problem is there isn’t really any viable spin bowling option for us atm. Hence why I’d pick Ali for the extra batting, and have Root contributing more with the ball. Shame there isn’t even a young potential talent coming through we could give early experience to in the hope they pushed on to something more in the future

Brilliant day yesterday!

Parked up and in the TBI for 10:20am. First things first 😀

Just under three hours each way.

Fantastic test match victory.
A good day at the cricket is well worth it
Best thing about cricket,be it Yorkshire ,Durham or England is actually knowing you are gonna lose for 2 f.ookin days!!
It sorta gives you the mental fortitude to cope
I mean watching Wednesday 80 minutes in 5 left and you go down 2-1 is like an immediate kick in the bllx and it means a lot more
Yesterday was excellent,would have loved to have been there
If it had been the Steel City Derby ,I would have been screaming at Bairstow to take it into the corner or whatever the cricketing equivalent is 😆

How many times bowled in that period? ;)
From 2017-21, Bairstow was dismissed every 11 balls that hit the stumps from seamers; this year, he has faced 106 balls, only been dismissed twice and is averaging 26, which is more than the global average for top-six batsmen.

From the DT.

I heard a rumour it was 2 tons in his last 4, suspect it may now be 3 in 6, but just awaiting confirmation ;)

The bottom line mate is:

In two conversations with me at the time you said:

1. It would be better to learn and settle for draw.

2. You also said to me how on earth do you expect anyone to win from here and then mocked me and laughed at me when I mentioned a very similar match in the 2006 Ashes as a example of how England could win.

That match the team batting fourth won the game.

At the very least you could admit your were wrong saying a win was not possible as that is exactly what happened.
Will never happen. Traveller is a unique poster on the cricket forum

Fantasic day of cricket of it was. Bairstow has certainly put to bed the doubts about playing francise cricket.

Unfortunatley, the day will be forever tainted for me.

After a glorious day at his home of cricket, Trent Bridge, Roy, my brother in law, a true friend of nearly 50 year, passed away last Tuesday. He loved cricket, he was never away from the place over the river from him. Loved Notts and County. I'd spent the day with him in the sun, a few beers and watching one of England's greatest Test match cricket days. When we went home, all he could talk about was that it was his dream to see England over in Australia for a test match like I had. I will take him with me in 2025 but it'll have to be in my heart as that night he went to sleep and never woke up. He's left his wishes with my wife which is that he wants to scattered at Meadow Lane and Trent Bridge which we will try our utmost best to do. I'm devestated hence the no reply @Ghfd until now. He seemed alright at TB, complained of a bit of a headache and that his eyes weren't what they were. Jokingly I said they bloody better be if Bairstow puts another shot our way. Roy passed away in his sleep that night with a massive bleed on his brain.

Sorry to ruin the thread guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back