2nd test v N.Zealand 10-14 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Except that’s not what you said is it? What you said was our BEST chance of winning was that. Which is not correct. Batting at a good tempo in the first innings but building a lead is a much better chance of winning. Especially given we could have been bowled out today and lost the game, something which would have been less likely had we batted longer in the first innings, provided the run rate was reasonable of course. Never underestimate day 5 pitches for making easyish chases difficult

Not really sure what you are on about, since what you’ve quoted was completely unrelated. This post is absolutely unrelated to the discussion I was having with the other fella.
The clue that I was referring to the current game is in the name of the thread we were both contributing to which was the 2nd test between England and NZ. The signs were there from ball 1. England putting them in in a good pitch and stating that they expected the pitch to stay good for 5 days. They were always prepared and expected to chase a total down. Root reverse sweeping for 6 in the second over of the 4th day should have showed you they were much more interested in scoring runs quickly than trying to bat the day out and bowl at them in day 5. You just were unable to read the game you were watching. That’s OK though.

The clue that I was referring to the current game is in the name of the thread we were both contributing to which was the 2nd test between England and NZ. The signs were there from ball 1. England putting them in in a good pitch and stating that they expected the pitch to stay good for 5 days. They were always prepared and expected to chase a total down. Root reverse sweeping for 6 in the second over of the 4th day should have showed you they were much more interested in scoring runs quickly than trying to bat the day out and bowl at them in day 5. You just were unable to read the game you were watching. That’s OK though.
Completely disregarding the initial conversation though aren’t you? At the time we spoke, Root hadn’t reverse swept anything for 6. Just constantly changing the narrative to suit you.

You said the BEST chance of winning a game was to get bowled out for less than the other team in the first innings, which is absolute bollocks and you were called out on. There’s plenty of other better avenues to win a game than that. And I’m not the only one that called you out on it either. Just because events transpired that were remotely close to what you said, doesn’t make you correct.

Back to your little box now kid.

Completely disregarding the initial conversation though aren’t you? At the time we spoke, Root hadn’t reverse swept anything for 6. Just constantly changing the narrative to suit you.

You said the BEST chance of winning a game was to get bowled out for less than the other team in the first innings, which is absolute bollocks and you were called out on. There’s plenty of other better avenues to win a game than that. And I’m not the only one that called you out on it either. Just because events transpired that were remotely close to what you said, doesn’t make you correct.

Back to your little box now kid.
Look man you have humiliated yourself on this thread you best let it go. The BEST chance of winning this game (you know the game everyone was discussing on this thread - the second test between England and NZ, the one on telly yesterday) was exactly the way it happened and predicted by numerous posters on here who you sneered at. Chasing a total on day 5 was the way England envisaged winning the game by putting them in on a flat pitch which they expected to stay good for 5 days. Yes its true in a different match, in different circumstances there are different ways of winning a game and bowling a team out on a deteriorating day 5 pitch is a common one. However you took the mick out of someone who suggested England could win and the only way your brain would allow you to think a win was vaguely possible was us getting a massive total with the tail left and bowling them out on day 5. If you take anything from this its don't take the mick out of posters like VOFP just learn from them instead.

Look man you have humiliated yourself on this thread you best let it go. The BEST chance of winning this game (you know the game everyone was discussing on this thread - the second test between England and NZ, the one on telly yesterday) was exactly the way it happened and predicted by numerous posters on here who you sneered at. Chasing a total on day 5 was the way England envisaged winning the game by putting them in on a flat pitch which they expected to stay good for 5 days. Yes its true in a different match, in different circumstances there are different ways of winning a game and bowling a team out on a deteriorating day 5 pitch is a common one. However you took the mick out of someone who suggested England could win and the only way your brain would allow you to think a win was vaguely possible was us getting a massive total with the tail left and bowling them out on day 5. If you take anything from this its don't take the mick out of posters like VOFP just learn from them instead.
😂😂😂😂 thick as pig shit 😂😂😂😂

Cricket doesnt get much better. Not sure I'll ever see what we saw after tea again in tests :eek:
I agree. I can't quite believe what we witnessed.

I met some great lads and talked a lot about cricket and footy. I spent the day sitting next to a Leicester fan, and also met a lovely Indian, Forest fan (whose dad was a cricket nut but couldn't believe his son loved footy). I shared the train with Ipswich fans and had a pint after the match with 2 Barnsley lads.

All in all, it was a truly incredible day - watching that and having a few pints in the sun. It doesn't get much better 😀😀

I was at work and listened to it on TMS. Incredible atmosphere coming through and the commentary was great fun. There was a moment when Tuffers lost it when Bairstow was approaching his century and tried to nick a run off a misfield which Stokes wasn't ready for by the sound of it. A run out would have been a disaster. He was like every fan watching rather than a broadcaster!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back