28th May corona deaths uk

The general pattern is that new case numbers have continued to decline or stay relatively stable - no sense of any resurgence in Italy or Germany - but everyone is keeping a close eye on this
Deaths have also come down but its too early to tell if this will follow a similar pattern to new cases - though that would be hoped for

I would also add people may still be wary of going out and about for no reason (certainly where my G/F lives in Asti) she says people are still very wary especially the elderly

Deaths or cases? Can't see anything from the graphs to suggest thats the case in US.
S. Korea cases are up a smidge but were very low anyway. Deaths are still just 1 or 2 here & there.

There was that nightclub story a few weeks ago in the press that is meant to have resulted in many cases in a local area. A scary reminder that we can't go back to normal.

There was that nightclub story a few weeks ago in the press that is meant to have resulted in many cases in a local area. A scary reminder that we can't go back to normal.

Yeah, there's a few small localised cases here & there. Doesn't help when the doom mongers describe them as 2nd spikes etc

Also S. Korea will have next to no community immunity, which won't help.

UK Numbers are not dropping anywhere near the rate they did in the European countries with similar high numbers,and btw I have accounted for the UK being 2-3 behind.

The US is still growing. They haven't had any decline to speak of, so it's "still going up", rather than "going back up"

There's a little downward trend in case numbers (possibly driven by NY who had it really bad & now coming down)

Latin America is on the rise, so maybe the case that states around the Mexican border are now on the rise where previously weren't that affected

UK Numbers are not dropping anywhere near the rate they did in the European countries with similar high numbers,and btw I have accounted for the UK being 2-3 behind.
I don't think we are that far off Italy. If you take the 21 days into account, their deaths on 7th May were 274 having been 285 the previous Thursday. Again, that's just daily reported deaths so hard to properly analyse

What I would agree is that the rolling average, whilst still dropping indefinitely flattening out a touch. It's still dropping, but not as rapidly
There's a little downward trend in case numbers (possibly driven by NY who had it really bad & now coming down)

Latin America is on the rise, so maybe the case that states around the Mexican border are now on the rise where previously weren't that affected
Yeah, I worry about South America

Last edited:
I don't think we are that far off Italy. If you take the 21 days into account, their deaths on 7th May were 274 having been 285 the previous Thursday. Again, that's just daily reported deaths so hard to properly analyse

What I would agree is that the rolling average, whilst still dropping indefinitely flattening out a touch. It's still dropping, but not as rapidly

Yeah, I worry about South America
The UK past Italy in deaths per million population about 3-4 days ago,very few would of ever thought that possible 3 months ago,well I certainly didn't.

The UK past Italy in deaths per million population about 3-4 days ago,very few would of ever thought that possible 3 months ago,well I certainly didn't.
That is as may be, but in terms of trends and falling rates (as per your original comment) we are generally following the trends that Italy have seen

What has totally fucked the figures is the Government ignoring anything outside of hospitals for the 1st few weeks of the lockdown and still insisting on announcing a "daily" death rate when the vast majority announced each day were from days or even weeks ago.....

I would also add people may still be wary of going out and about for no reason (certainly where my G/F lives in Asti) she says people are still very wary especially the elderly
Agree though it is slowly opening up
In Bergamo - which still remains a hotspot for new cases (although far lower than before) people are generally cautious
Nearly everyone wears masks out and about. Cafes are open and small groups can and do sit together. I do see far fewer older people but I'm not out and about that much
Churches are open - we went to a funeral of an old family friend yesterday. Social distancing + masks by all
I can play golf - :) but haven't managed to find the time yet :(

This will be the same in the UK soonish

That is as may be, but in terms of trends and falling rates (as per your original comment) we are generally following the trends that Italy have seen

What has totally fucked the figures is the Government ignoring anything outside of hospitals for the 1st few weeks of the lockdown and still insisting on announcing a "daily" death rate when the vast majority announced each day were from days or even weeks ago.....
Daily or every 2nd or 3rd day it makes little difference imo but there are some nutters on here not wanting anything until it's all over.Err no thank you

I think it was 338 last Thursday so depending on the care home figures it could be more it could be less than that so let’s wait until we get the full figures before we start to jump to conclusions, also let’s remember both on the way up and on the way down you can have fluctuations. Best to look at trends on a weekly bases rather than daily, even comparing the same day from the previous week could give a rouge answer
Last Thursday's hospital-only figure was 213, so it's 20 less this week - as you say the full figures may show something different.

Week-on-week, it's still hopefully trending downwards.

Back