28 years a go today

Status
Not open for further replies.

28 years ago, NME reviewed said album and said it was shite.

28 years ago, NME realised that they were not down with the kids and reviewed again, saying it was class.

The reverse happened with Be Here Now. Reviewed it at the time and gave it 10/10. Realised it was shite 15 years later and have it 5/10.

The best thing about music, is its varied by nature. People like different stuff and im not in this world to say what each individual likes. That's up to the individual.
Its a subjective thing and to me, there no right or wrong answer. This is the real beauty of music, it speaks to a person on a personal level, not aligning oneself with a Britpop band like Oasis or the 1960s bands like the Beatles or Stones etc. etc. I'm old enough to appreciate different styles rather than simply listening to a narrow spectrum of bands. If I hear music i like, i base that appreciation on the tunes and not the style of the band or how big gigs they've played or how they've got their haircut.

Last edited:
28 years ago, NME reviewed said album and said it was shite.

28 years ago, NME realised that they were not down with the kids and reviewed again, saying it was class.

They famously did the same with Oasis.

The reverse happened with Be Here Now. Reviewed it at the time and gave it 10/10. Realised it was shite 15 years later and have it 5/10.

I can't remember if it was Q or the NME, but they gave What's the Story 2/5 and then rewrote the review a few months later.

Changed the music biz in england imo. Britpop and oasis would have been entirely different if it wasn't for that album.

I was 17 and it virtually changed my life.

saw them on "snub tv" doing "i wanna be adored", went and bought "made of stone" from volume. got the album from volume too. proper game changer and it was the start of what was to come. great years!!.

Reactions: GK
Wish there were more bands like this nowadays. I don't know if there ever will be, but I'll keep hoping for a rock and roll resurgence.

Great album, but about time they released a new album seeing as they're doing big venue concerts again this summer. Robbing twats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back