27th January Stats

Maybe but @rudd has pointed out a number of things that have changed.

I'm fine that covid causes deaths in different ways but I would expect the numbers of deaths we are experiencing to have far far higher amount of people in ICU.

Actually @rudd may have a point since omicron doesn't affect the lungs as much.

The number of deaths aren't that far from the number of cases in the community and deaths in January are lower than the 5 year average. I'm still confident this wave has caused little death.

I'm fine that covid causes deaths in different ways but I would expect the numbers of deaths we are experiencing to have far far higher amount of people in ICU.

Actually @rudd may have a point since omicron doesn't affect the lungs as much.

The number of deaths aren't that far from the number of cases in the community and deaths in January are lower than the 5 year average. I'm still confident this wave has caused little death.
Have you got the ICU numbers? I couldn’t find them, only ventilation.

I do agree that this wave causing far fewer deaths and I’m sure someone posted that the death certificate data backed that up.

I do agree that this wave causing far fewer deaths and I’m sure someone posted that the death certificate data backed that up.
I'd previously posted that they aren't available, I
was wrong. They're published weekly here, about a third of the way down.

No I haven't got the numbers but I'm fairly confident if there had been a significant spike we would have been informed.

I cannot see any indication that this spike has caused a significant increase in deaths other than (ironically) the reported death figures.

I'd previously posted that they aren't available, I
was wrong. They're published weekly here, about a third of the way down.

England

Adult Critical Care beds - occupied by confirmed COVID-19 patients (as at 08:00)

15 Jan 680 in ICU
16 Jan 678 in ICU
17 Jan 670 in ICU
18 Jan 645 in ICU
19 Jan 617 in ICU
20 Jan 604 in ICU
21 Jan 575 in ICU
22 Jan 551 in ICU
23 Jan 536 in ICU
24 Jan 535 in ICU

Last edited:
England

Adult Critical Care beds - occupied by confirmed COVID-19 patients (as at 08:00)

15 Jan 680 in ICU
16 Jan 678 in ICU
17 Jan 670 in ICU
18 Jan 645 in ICU
19 Jan 617 in ICU
20 Jan 604 in ICU
21 Jan 575 in ICU
22 Jan 551 in ICU
23 Jan 536 in ICU
24 Jan 535 in ICU
In a country of 68 million, cracking on largely as normal, that tells its own story.

Back