27th April

There’s nothing we can do about it.
Doing little things like washing our hands, masking up if you are coughing & have symmtoms. Wearing masks in enclosed spaces where there are many people (ie Planes. Which you were mocking iirc) and staying at home for a bit if you get it, if possible. Would all be ideal.

More shite.
The risk of children dying from malaria, pneumonia or diarrhoea in developing countries is spiralling due to the pandemic and “far outweighs any threat presented by the coronavirus”, Unicef has warned.

In an exclusive interview Dr Stefan Peterson, chief of health at Unicef, cautioned that the blanket lockdowns imposed in many low and middle income are not an effective way to control Covid-19 and could have deadly repercussions.

“Indiscriminate lockdown measures do not have an optimal effect on the virus,” he told The Telegraph. “If you’re asking families to stay at home in one room in a slum, without food or water, that won’t limit virus transmission.

the Unicef Dr makes some valid points mind for the 3rd world countries or should we add UNICEF to the list of people you dont trust because its not the WHO? like you have said, I think I would trust what an expert in the field has to say on the matter than some bloke on a footie forum thats says its "more shite".
Omicron like flu and other respiratory diseases will kill coffin dodgers like myself...I've had a life, millions of children haven't and now wont :(

interesting read and some valid points, cheers for the link.
Doing little things like washing our hands, masking up if you are coughing & have symmtoms. Wearing masks in enclosed spaces where there are many people (ie Planes. Which you were mocking iirc) and staying at home for a bit if you get it, if possible. Would all be ideal.
that is using some common sense, washing hands, masking up if you have symptoms, personal choice when in enclosed spaces, but if someone wants to wear a mask, dont give them grief for it.

but some people cant afford to lose the wages or even jobs, my wife's place wont pay if you dont go to work, symptoms or not, people on low wages really dont have a option. My wife worked all throughout the pandemic, but couple of weeks ago when she had symptoms and couldn't get a test, she decided to stay off work until her daughter brought her a LFT round, she was docked that money, lost 4 days pay doing the right thing, work told her to go in until she had the test done she refused as she thought she had covid, now we are a little short this month but at least we can make do, some people wouldn't be able to afford that loss.

Last edited:
The risk of children dying from malaria, pneumonia or diarrhoea in developing countries is spiralling due to the pandemic and “far outweighs any threat presented by the coronavirus”, Unicef has warned.

In an exclusive interview Dr Stefan Peterson, chief of health at Unicef, cautioned that the blanket lockdowns imposed in many low and middle income are not an effective way to control Covid-19 and could have deadly repercussions.

“Indiscriminate lockdown measures do not have an optimal effect on the virus,” he told The Telegraph. “If you’re asking families to stay at home in one room in a slum, without food or water, that won’t limit virus transmission.

the Unicef Dr makes some valid points mind for the 3rd world countries or should we add UNICEF to the list of people you dont trust because its not the WHO? like you have said, I think I would trust what an expert in the field has to say on the matter than some bloke on a footie forum thats says its "more shite".

that is using some common sense, washing hands, masking up if you have symptoms, personal choice when in enclosed spaces, but if someone wants to wear a mask, dont give them grief for it.

but some people cant afford to lose the wages or even jobs, my wife's place wont pay if you dont go to work, symptoms or not, people on low wages really dont have a option. My wife worked all throughout the pandemic, but couple of weeks ago when she had symptoms and couldn't get a test, she decided to stay off work until her daughter brought her a LFT round, she was docked that money, lost 4 days pay doing the right thing, work told her to go in until she had the test done she refused as she thought she had covid, now we are a little short this month but at least we can make do, some people wouldn't be able to afford that loss.
45% mortality rate 🤔

That is just one of hundreds of professional analysis. Logic has said from the start that the world economy almost shuttng down will harm the poorest and mainly third world countries. Obsessional thought is born out of ignorance and fear and therefore contains little fact.

I admire your patience and goodwill Chris 👍

45% mortality rate 🤔
didn't say that mate. said it could rise by 45%

The modelling, by researchers at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health and Unicef, found that child mortality rates could rise by as much as 45 per cent due to coronavirus-related disruptions, while maternal deaths could increase by almost 39 per cent.

in normal times we lose over 2 million kids a year to dirty water and lack of food, dont you think covid lockdowns could make that worse in these countries, seems the experts think its a concern.

That is just one of hundreds of professional analysis. Logic has said from the start that the world economy almost shuttng down will harm the poorest and mainly third world countries. Obsessional thought is born out of ignorance and fear and therefore contains little fact.

I admire your patience and goodwill Chris 👍
Strange that the UK had 2 lockdowns,the longest was about 5 months iirc.Have you any figures showing a 45% rise in child mortality in that period.🤔

you really are a bit dim or are you just trolling?

are you really comparing the UK's lockdown to a 3rd world countries lockdown where 1000's of children die from basic needs every year?
Post the figures from the "developing countries" then.Nows your chance.The articles 2 year old.Plenty od data for you to go at.I await your findings.

Last edited:
Post the figures from the "developing countries" then.Nows your chance.The articles 2 year old.Plenty od data for you to go at.I await your findings.
no answer my question first instead of deflecting, I know you just made an arse of yourself comparing a 3rd worlds countries lockdown to a rich countries one, its like no matter what's posted you have to try and find an angle to troll.

just admit your wrong, you even read it wrong and posted 45% mortality rates for god sake as you were in such a hurry to have a go at Gelan

no answer my question first instead of deflecting, I know you just made an arse of yourself comparing a 3rd worlds countries lockdown to a rich countries one, its like no matter what's posted you have to try and find an angle to troll.

just admit your wrong, you even read it wrong and posted 45% mortality rates for god sake as you were in such a hurry to have a go at Gelan
You show me the evidence were lockdowns led to a 45% rise in child mortality.Iam waiting.

You show me the evidence were lockdowns led to a 45% rise in child mortality.Iam waiting.
yup as I thought, cant admit you were wrong.

just admit you didn't read the article, skimmed it and jumped the gun and made yourself look silly by first getting the numbers wrong ( 45% mortality rate lol )
then you missed the concept of the article that it was modelling of what could happen if 3rd world countries locked down completely, which we know they didn't in large cases, but health services and education was devastated world wide .

the interesting part of that article was how measures in some 3rd world countries would effect children, so here we go just for you :-

Around 100 million more children could be living in multidimensional poverty by the end of 2021 compared to the pre-COVID situation, and as we all know poverty is a major factor in child deaths, wonder what's caused the worldwide increase.

Child multidimensional poverty

Some of the elements that constitute child poverty do not change quickly, even in the case of a major shock. For instance, for children who have access to safe drinking water at home, their situation does not change due to a pandemic. Even in the case of a recession, it would take several months for individual families’ economic dislocation to force them to move to lodgings without access to safe drinking water. It would take even longer for the accumulation of these cases to be noticeable in national averages. Therefore, in order to estimate the impact of COVID-19 in the short run, only the dimensions that are affected quickly are analysed.

The two dimensions that are affected most rapidly are: education (due to the immediate effect of school closures) and health (due to the disruption of health services). Moreover, deprivation in these dimensions might change differently in the first year of a pandemic than in the subsequent years. Deprivation in education, given the information about school closures and re-opening, is expected to recover during the second year of the pandemic – at least partially. Even though disruptions in the health sector have been significant in many countries, during 2021 health services throughout the world started to revert to some degree of normalcy.

In 2020, 5.0 million children under 5 years of age died. This translates to 13,800 children under the age of 5 dying every day in 2020.

13800 kids per day died in 2020, to use your words "grim"

next time when your about to try and take the mick out of someone's posts, at least read what he has posted first, will save some egg on your face, at least you made me smile tonight.

Last edited:

Back