24 years ago today 9.12.95..AINT NO FUSS WITH THE RUSS.. as

Luna17

Winger
.. Safc depose leaders Millwall 6 nil at RP with a scintillating attacking display.

MicMac was boss of Millwall, and Alex Rae was in midfield for them.

Scotty opened from the spot and then it was the Craig Russell show (interspersed with a Phil Gray goal) as he claimed 4, ruthlessly finishing any chances that came his way and displaying his trademark acceleration and pace.

On a cold day, he warmed the cockles of our hearts and promotion from then on in was rarely in doubt.

Always remember the game as a night match although ive been told differently since. Was stood in the Fulwell.

Martin Smith played centrally and was brilliant iirc.

They were doing ok before this match and I was concerned it was going to be a difficult game for us. Iirc they fell away sharply after this game.

No, it was a, cold breezy Saturday afternoon and I watched it from the Clock Stand seats for a reason I don't recall.

I was in there as well, my only ever game in there. We were in there with my football team who’d managed to get a load of tickets, and stuck a coach on for everyone to go through. I was only 7 at the time and my favourite player was Craig Russell. Great day

Just looking at those goals, the Ipswich game must have been the coldest match ever at RP!!!!
Me and Akky could barely drag ourselves out of the warmth of the Brewery Tap it was that brassic.
Happy days tho.

Last edited:
No, it was a, cold breezy Saturday afternoon and I watched it from the Clock Stand seats for a reason I don't recall.
It was actually the only game I was ever in the Clock Stand seats, if I remember rightly, I’d been to some kids football training course on the morning and the session came with a ticket for the match on the afternoon.

The game was obviously much more memorable.

Last edited:

Back