24 Hours in police custody

The whole point of the show originally was it showed the 24 hours from arrest to charge. It seems to be losing its way.

As heartbreaking as it was for the lad, I thought last night’s episode was poor.

Agreed. The tension of the race against time to charge or release, and covering both points of view of the suspect and the police. Last nights was more like a standard police documentary. Relatively interesting, but not 24 hours in police custody.

Last edited:
Bit disappointed.

When they had the map of Wisbech Asda, you could clearly see the area of the woods that was in the WiFi zone.

However they never checked it until they’d been to see his sister and had a tip off?

Heartbreaking for the fella mind, f***ing hell
they even stated that it was a only a 50 metre radius - then they said something like "determined police work and intelligence has led the police to search nearby woods" I've said it before but the police don't attract the best people to work for them

I wanted to know where he was charging his phone?

It looks to me that he was living from the bins out of the back of ASDA and doing OK, the stuff they chuck must be enough to live on.
What suprised me is that no one saw him, even living in the woods his proximity to ASDA must have meant people saw him.

It looks to me that he was living from the bins out of the back of ASDA and doing OK, the stuff they chuck must be enough to live on.
What suprised me is that no one saw him, even living in the woods his proximity to ASDA must have meant people saw him.

I never thought about phone charging tbh.

Surely somebody walking their dogs if the dogs ran in the trees they’d have smelt him?

They probably did but no one put two and two together

Last edited:

Wasnt his proximity to Asda only when he was using the wifi, not when he was sleeping/living?

Also when they went back to look at the shed it took them a while to find it, if I was out walking the dog I wouldn't be walking that far from the tracks and if the dog was sniffing around what looked like a disused shed with rubbish I wouldnt be venturing up to have a look, more likely to call the dog to get away from the rubbish and any possible issues for it.

The phone charging has me stumped, they said he replied sporadically to facebook messages but then saod he was on the wifi 400 times in a year so maybe he was just checking to see his family were ok but didnt want to stay very long, guess he could charge his phone at those lockers or on a bus with plugs maybe.

Whatever the reasons I felt nothing but sadness for him, to think living like that for 5 years was better than trusting somebody is horrific.

Wasnt his proximity to Asda only when he was using the wifi, not when he was sleeping/living?

Also when they went back to look at the shed it took them a while to find it, if I was out walking the dog I wouldn't be walking that far from the tracks and if the dog was sniffing around what looked like a disused shed with rubbish I wouldnt be venturing up to have a look, more likely to call the dog to get away from the rubbish and any possible issues for it.

The phone charging has me stumped, they said he replied sporadically to facebook messages but then saod he was on the wifi 400 times in a year so maybe he was just checking to see his family were ok but didnt want to stay very long, guess he could charge his phone at those lockers or on a bus with plugs maybe.

Whatever the reasons I felt nothing but sadness for him, to think living like that for 5 years was better than trusting somebody is horrific.

No they said he was logging on from his hideout and he was logged on when they found him.

I didn't buy it at all myself.

There is no way you can live in a lean too for 5 years in the woods with no electric, heating or hot water and be so clean.
He was clean shaven, had a shaved head and his clothes didn't have a mark on them.

He must have had access to some sort of house or accommodation to keep himself fed, watered and clean.
As previously said, a phone doesn't last 48 hours without needing a charge. Also he "found the phone"... was it with it's charger as well.
Sooner or later your going to need money and he didn't have a penny.

There is no way you can live in a lean too for 5 years in the woods with no electric, heating or hot water and be so clean.
He was clean shaven, had a shaved head and his clothes didn't have a mark on them.

He must have had access to some sort of house or accommodation to keep himself fed, watered and clean.
As previously said, a phone doesn't last 48 hours without needing a charge. Also he "found the phone"... was it with it's charger as well.
Not sure if I picked it up right but was he not still being used as a slave? Or had he gone completely off grid since being abused?

Aye same here.

I've just watched it. Reckon he was sleeping there and working.

Why didn't the police just get the number off his sister or was he messaging her through Facebook?

If he was you need a phone number to register I think so they could have pinged it and found him that way..

No way did he live there permanently for five years..

Aye same here.

I've just watched it. Reckon he was sleeping there and working.

Why didn't the police just get the number off his sister or was he messaging her through Facebook?

If he was you need a phone number to register I think so they could have pinged it and found him that way..

No way did he live there permanently for five years..
thought exactly the same.
way too clean and tidy,then the phone and food bit.

Much better episode tonight albeit hard hitting. Appreciate you only get the prosecution side of the story when you watch these programmes, but 16 months seemed unbelievably light
I was heartbroken for how that all turned out, 16 months is a joke - that poor man man :cry:. Seeing the pictures made me feel ill, he looked like a f***ing truck had hit him :cry:.
Nobody should be hurting other people like that, and at the first sign of violence you should leave and never return.

Watched it on +1 so just seen the end. I'm a bit gob-smacked. 16 months for ABH.

She killed him. She had just finished a sentence for assaulting him and she finished the job off when she got out. Murder.

The judge instructed the jury to dismiss the murder and GBH charges and sent her down for 16 months for killing a fella.

Our Justice system needs a really really good overhaul.

She'll be out later this year, free to move on to her next relationship. God help the next bloke.

R.I.P. Paul, our justice system failed you.

Watched it on +1 so just seen the end. I'm a bit gob-smacked. 16 months for ABH.

She killed him. She had just finished a sentence for assaulting him and she finished the job off when she got out. Murder.

The judge instructed the jury to dismiss the murder and GBH charges and sent her down for 16 months for killing a fella.

Our Justice system needs a really really good overhaul.

She'll be out later this year, free to move on to her next relationship. God help the next bloke.

R.I.P. Paul, our justice system failed you.
Yup, the poor man was failed miserably :cry:

Back