2310s January showcase

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi PB:

Hmm..

Thanks very much for trying these out. I fear I was simply wrong about the showcases. (In my world - nothing unusual there!!) I had hoped folks would use them, not only for "alternative" competition shots - but for literally anything else that is shot during the named period - just to see the development of folks' collective and individual photographic mindsets, and the experimentation with techniques and composition. I had hoped to learn from others' journeys as I was journeying myself..

Unfortunately I also fear the multi month tasks have also failed to capture any imagination, though sadly they have proved to be rather less than inclusive.

There are some "dynamics" on this section of the board that I simply don't understand and haven't got time to try and work out - so I will gracefully keep out of the way. I'm not sure if it clique oriented - I'm certainly not a "clique" member nor wish to be...just can't quite work it out

I can't help but feel there is something rather odd about the "culture and ethos" on the board at the moment. Some genuinely weird posts!! I can't put my finger on it and am too busy to bother exploring the concept - perhaps other more noble / experienced posters might identify what it is....? I would be perfectly happy to post my pictures - and I really couldn't give a "monkey's uncle" about whether they were met positively or negatively since in my job you have to learn to be pretty thick skinned...yet I find myself totally disinclined to bother.

Anyone else got any views on the matter? This section of the board seems to have such potential - but seems to be effectively phasing itself out / closing itself down. Not for the want of your efforts PB - to be fair to you - you've worked really hard at it and have given it every chance.

Bit of a shame really

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back