22nd October Stats

I’m getting really really fucked off with people who won’t get vaccinated, f***ing arseholes.

If you read other threads, people who have already been vaccinated are catching it so I really don't get your post.

I know someone who hasn't been vaccinated and hasn't caught it once so I think it's unfair to single out unvaccinated people.

If you're looking at solving any problem, you need to respond to the f***ing problem right? The problem is occurring in spite of the things supposed to prevent the problem.

If Sunderland bought a striker because the problem was scoring goals, and then we got to mid season and we're having issues scoring goals, the solution to scoring goals obviously wouldn't be adequate. The intention behind it means fuck all if its not working to stop the problem.

Prior to all of the lockdowns, the action was to delay for any number of reasons, but the theory was that the problem wasn't bad enough to require a change in behaviour, even though the evidence demonstrated the problem was getting worse, and any mature adult knows that if you change nothing, then, well, pretty f***ing obviously, nothing changes. Every delay on action prior touchdowns was based on the theory that we would do nothing to alter the current situation, and somehow, something would change.

Exactly the same scenario again.

The vaccines are amazing. But the problem is they're not amazing enough to protect the country at the level it requires while in such a shattered and fucked state.
I agree with most of what this Expert has to say.

I agree with most of what this Expert has to say.
I'm not pretending at this point to be following any received opinion or even claiming to be up to date with what it may or may not be.

I just don't happen to believe the laws of the universe have changed. A problem getting worse has never fixed itself. Actions always have consequences. There is no reality in which a highly Contagious virus which is spreading freely among the population simply stops of its own accord. Like that's just f***ing *insane* to think that.

Or another one. The economy is on its arse due to underemploymwnt and absence due to Covid. The Government is proposing no solutions to the underemployment, and proposing no measures to reduce contagion, and people think it will just work out. f***ing barmy. No, what will happen is there will be less people to do essential jobs, and those not off sick will get sick due to stress or leave.

Last edited:
If you read other threads, people who have already been vaccinated are catching it so I really don't get your post.

I know someone who hasn't been vaccinated and hasn't caught it once so I think it's unfair to single out unvaccinated people.

People win the big prizes on the premium bonds despite only have low numbers, whilst some hold the max & don't win.

The infection rates aren't the main concern, it's hospital numbers. The unvaccinated make a lot more hospitalizations pro rata, so singling out the anti vaxxers is fair game.

Absolute horseshit. You are more or less saying we need to mask ware and social distance for the rest of our lives. Bottom line is everybody in the country is going to catch covid at some point. If you are double jabbed the likelihood of you dying are massively reduced than if you not vaccinated. Every person double jabbed should be leading there lives the way they see fit and shouldn't feel a ounce of guilt for doing it

Before vaccines came around, some people who caught Covid had minor symptoms or none at all. Why all of a sudden is there a vendetta against people who haven't had the vaccine? It still happens, some people catching it either vaccinated or not may catch it and have mild or no symptoms whereas others will have severe or life threatening symptoms.

The problem is not whether you're vaccinated, it's the attitude you have.
People win the big prizes on the premium bonds despite only have low numbers, whilst some hold the max & don't win.

The infection rates aren't the main concern, it's hospital numbers. The unvaccinated make a lot more hospitalizations pro rata, so singling out the anti vaxxers is fair game.

Politely disagree. Know of a person here in Spain who is double jabbed and without previous health issues yet he's been in intensive care for the last two weeks.

So in other words your analogy supports my theory that it doesn't matter whether you're vaccinated or not as it's a lottery of whether you'll get it mild, severe or not catch it at all.

Last edited:
Before vaccines came around, some people who caught Covid had minor symptoms or none at all. Why all of a sudden is there a vendetta against people who haven't had the vaccine? It still happens, some people catching it either vaccinated or not may catch it and have mild or no symptoms whereas others will have severe or life threatening symptoms.

Politely disagree. Know of a person here in Spain who is double jabbed and without previous health issues yet he's been in intensive care for the last two weeks.

People who are unvaccinated are statistically more likely to have a COVID-19 infection, more likely to infect others as a result, more likely to be hospitalised with COVID-19 and more likely to die with COVID-19.

They are creating extra transmission risk within the population, and disproportionately utilising scarce healthcare resources. Both of those things, may tip the scales in favour of restrictions this autumn and winter.

That is why the 'sudden vendetta'.

Because you know one person :rolleyes:

It was reported that 60% of hospital cases were unvaccinated. The unvaccinated are 10% of the population.

So if everyone was vaccinated, then you'd roughly half hospitalisation

People who are unvaccinated are statistically more likely to have a COVID-19 infection, more likely to infect others as a result, more likely to be hospitalised with COVID-19 and more likely to die with COVID-19.

They are creating extra transmission risk within the population, and disproportionately utilising scarce healthcare resources. Both of those things, may tip the scales in favour of restrictions this autumn and winter.

What about before vaccines?

People with the attitude of I'm double jabbed I don't give a shit are as much to blame and there are many of those.

Last edited:

So in other words your analogy supports my theory that it doesn't matter whether you're vaccinated or not as it's a lottery of whether you'll get it mild, severe or not catch it at all.

Not really. It's a probability game. Get the jab & massively reduces the probability of being ill. Don't get the jab you're increasing the probability of an extra burden on the NHS.

The more people who don't get it, the extra pressure you're adding to our health services. The anti vaxxers deserve all the criticism they get.

Because you know one person :rolleyes:

It was reported that 60% of hospital cases were unvaccinated. The unvaccinated are 10% of the population.

So if everyone was vaccinated, then you'd roughly half hospitalisation

Yes I know one person and someone else will know someone else and so on.

What needs to change is people's attitudes. If it were mainly down to unvaccinated people, why isn't it mandatory to get vaccinated?
Not really. It's a probability game. Get the jab & massively reduces the probability of being ill. Don't get the jab you're increasing the probability of an extra burden on the NHS.

The more people who don't get it, the extra pressure you're adding to our health services. The anti vaxxers deserve all the criticism they get.

And so do the people who are double jabbed and have the couldn't give a shit attitude.

Last edited:

It was 20% to 80% in favour of the unvaccinated hospitalisations in the last 3 week period. And we don't actually know how many of these unvaccinated folk have medical issues that prevent taking the vaccine. Do we know how many people can't have the vaccine due to conflicting treatment or medical issues?

What about before vaccines?

People with the attitude of I'm double jabbed I don't give a shit are as much to blame and there are many of those.
Except they're literally less likely to catch it and pass it on, so no they're not. They have demonstrably better reason to worry less about being a vector for infection than someone without the vaccine. So there's no equivalence actually.

Granted they're still more likely to pass it on than a conscientious double jabbed person who changes their behaviour to limit likliehood of infection.

Yes I know one person and someone else will know someone else and so on.

What needs to change is people's attitudes. If it were mainly down to unvaccinated people, why isn't mandatory to get vaccinated?

And so do the people who are double jabbed and have the couldn't give a shit attitude.

Because we live in a free society, and not under a totalitarian dictatorship

I really, really don't understand why some people are unable to comprehend this.

Except they're literally less likely to catch it and pass it on, so no they're not. They have demonstrably better reason to worry less about being a vector for infection than someone without the vaccine. So there's no equivalence actually.

Granted they're still more likely to pass it on than a conscientious double jabbed person who changes their behaviour to limit likliehood of infection.
Yes but the reckless types must have surely encountered this bug after 19 months? And therefore would have Tcell defence?

It was 20% to 80% in favour of the unvaccinated hospitalisations in the last 3 week period. And we don't actually know how many of these unvaccinated folk have medical issues that prevent taking the vaccine. Do we know how many people can't have the vaccine due to conflicting treatment or medical issues?

It's odd you keep pushing this line, yet constantly find yourself asking everyone else for evidence to support it.

Except they're literally less likely to catch it and pass it on, so no they're not. They have demonstrably better reason to worry about being a vector for infection. So there's no equivalence actually.

An unvaccinated personal who catches Covid may have mild or no symptoms which is what we saw before vaccines came into the equation. On the contrary, a person double jabbed may catch it and have severe or life threatening symptoms.

It's simply a lottery. People who have had no previous medical conditions have had severe symptoms or even lost their lives. On the other hand, my mother in law who is severely handicapped somehow manage to overcome it before vaccines.
Yes but the reckless types must have surely encountered this bug after 19 months? And therefore would have Tcell defence?

Seems it doesn't last forever
Because we live in a free society, and not under a totalitarian dictatorship

So if it's a free society, get off people's backs if they're unvaccinated

Last edited:

Back