21st September Stats

Figures reported on a Monday by Wales are for a 48h period. This is reflected in the UK total.

Hospital data for ST&S is updated weekly on a Thursday.

* Data not updated from previous day.

+/- compared to one week ago.

Percentages in [] = total percentage of people aged 16+ who have received a COVID-19 vaccination.

Figures in () for doses = daily total.

139 cases in Sunderland. +9
0 deaths in Sunderland. -3
7 patients admitted to hospital in South Tyneside & Sunderland. -4
89 patients in hospital in South Tyneside & Sunderland. +7
7 patients on ventilation in South Tyneside & Sunderland. -1

1,230 cases in the NE. -63
16 deaths in the NE. +1
146 patients admitted to hospital in the NE & Yorks. +6
1,129 patients in hospital in the NE & Yorks. -72
133 patients on ventilation in the NE & Yorks. -27

31,564 cases in the UK. +4,936
203 deaths in the UK. +18
861 patients admitted to hospital in the UK. -148
7,731 patients in hospital in the UK. -682
982 patients on ventilation in the UK. -74

984,065 tests conducted. Last week: 1,043,118

England 7 day test positivity rate as of 15/09/21 = 6.2% -1.7

Sunderland 7 day rolling average:
278.5 cases per 100,000 using backdated data. -16.6
306.2 cases per 100,000 using daily data. -41.4

324.3 cases per 100,000 for the UK using daily data. -19.7

205,319 [84.5%] (37) people have received 1st dose of vaccination in Sunderland. +402
189,844 [78.1%] (157) people have received 2nd dose of vaccination in Sunderland. +1,751

1,950,700 [83.4%] (383) people have received 1st dose of vaccination in the NE. +3,856
1,798,521 [76.9%] (1,489) people have received 2nd dose of vaccination in the NE. +18,973

48,617,703 [89.4%] (24,684) people have received 1st dose of vaccination in the UK. +159,003
44,512,572 [81.9%] (46,451) people have received 2nd dose of vaccination in the UK. +403,826

Patients in hospital and patients on ventilation are the most important measures in my view, these are starting to trickle down which is great news
Those figures lag the cases though - we had a drop in cases last week so the figure went down this week so they are likely to go up again next week.

I guess it was always the case with schools/ Uni starting up that the case count would head back up.

Those figures lag the cases though - we had a drop in cases last week so the figure went down this week so they are likely to go up again next week.

I guess it was always the case with schools/ Uni starting up that the case count would head back up.

That’s it basically. This week cases are better but that probably means hospitalisations will be worse next. It’s cyclical week to week

Kids have been back a fortnight tomorrow and I've already had an announcement advising of an outbreak at the school. It was addressed to years 7, 8 and 9-i think it's probably only a matter of time before my bairn gets infected FFS.

The number of patients in our trust continues to increase day on day. The number of patients is currently 75% of the first wave peak. It's not all doom and gloom though. Vaccinated individuals are less sick with a shorter length of stay. Sadly the same cannot be said for many of those who for whatever reason have chosen not to have the vaccine.

Todays case numbers are only very slightly above the 7 day average, Sunday was almost bang on average but yesterday was a lot higher. It is showing only a very small uptick after 2 weeks of falling. Be interesting to see how the week pans out, but hopefully levels out.

The number of patients in our trust continues to increase day on day. The number of patients is currently 75% of the first wave peak. It's not all doom and gloom though. Vaccinated individuals are less sick with a shorter length of stay. Sadly the same cannot be said for many of those who for whatever reason have chosen not to have the vaccine.
Fuck them. They had their chance.

2 steps forward 1 step back at the moment it seems

It’s just up and down.
Far better than up and up.

No one is dying that are double jabbed?

Last edited:
Strange ye like.

I’m not the one getting a ‘fuck them, they had their chance’ reply to a post.

Have a little think about how this board is spreading hatred.

It’s an absolute disgrace that it’s coming from someone I’d assume is a medical professional.

Call me strange I find that even stranger.

He's absolutely right. Draining the NHS, increasing transmission rates and encouraging others to put their own lives at risk. Yet they're the victims. All in the name of complete and utter ignorance.

The data tells us most people in hospital are in the highest vaccinated groups, there is no need to say what he said other than to stir the shit fest this forum has become.

It’s poisonous.

'Hospital admissions certainly improving.

On the other hand, for anyone interested in a balanced position:

During 2020, hospital admissions rose from around the beginning of October to the middle of November, steadily but surely. They then decreased from the middle of November to the beginning of December, again steadily. They then increased to the middle of January. Figures available on the ONS website.

So, for anyone who is genuinely interested in how this is going to go, the experience tells us that a short term trend is not necessarily indicative of the longer term.

Back