21st October Stats

Speaking on behalf of the NHS in Cornwall, RCHT medical director, Dr Allister Grant said: "There is unprecedented demand on health and care services in Cornwall, more so this week than at any point during the pandemic. 
Is that because unlike during the last peak the NHS are operating normally while also handling the Covid patients

We’d have snapped the hands off of anyone offering a fully reopen society and a death rate of 150 per day.

Because it’s been **so** good for months people are ramping and ratcheting up the narrative of restriction in light of an increase to levels we would have accepted.

That said, people not getting the vaccine I can accept and live with, but these anti-vaccine clowns who propagate it I am getting very tired off I have to say - they are essentially the fifth column.

The government would be onto a (vote) winner if they introduced a time limited, say 6 month, vaccine passport for all public venues.

Last edited:
That twitter post is for the last 3 week period and the document it refers to is showing 7018 total hospital admissions for that period....2,534 unvaccinated and 4,484 vaccinated, with 502 unvaccinated deaths and 2,136 vaccinated deaths over that period. Of course this doesn't tell the whole story.

Well when you consider 86% of those over 12 have been vaccinated and the unvaccinated remaining account for half the hospital cases and 1/4 of the deaths Danny right it doesn’t.

14% unvaccinated but account for half in hospital!!

Well when you consider 86% of those over 12 have been vaccinated and the unvaccinated remaining account for half the hospital cases and 1/4 of the deaths Danny right it doesn’t.

14% unvaccinated but account for half in hospital!!
I know,I'm just making the point as another poster was telling me earlier its about percentages when looking at the the data from the start of the year and the roles were reversed on the amounts vaccinated 😉

So you are happy to accept over 139,000 deaths?

What do we do about the NHS? Cornwall has declared a major incident after having 125 people waiting to be seen, 25 of whom were outside in ambulances, in an emergency department with a design capacity of 40.

That to me, is unsustainable and we need to move back to mask wearing, curb major events and work from home for those that can.
I never said I was happy to accept any deaths. You’re just being a prick.

I was pointing out that the majority of the cases are in the young and that in terms of deaths as a % of population, we are improving .
And those that want to wear a mask can - I still do whenever I go to the supermarket etc. I don’t need to be told to do it. And Me and the Mrs still take care in everything we do to reduce our chances of catching it. People with sense can do that.
But you have an agenda so carry on being a knob.

Johnson needs to get off his fat arse and ACT instead of being too little too late (again).

Isn't this what people wanted? No more restrictions? No more going back.

The UK government has blown so much money on trying to combat this that they had no other option but to take away restrictions to try and get the economy going again.

On top of that, Boris probably knows that if he'd gone back on his word of not lifting restrictions, he'd have absolutely zero chance of winning the next election.

Isn't this what people wanted? No more restrictions? No more going back.

The UK government has blown so much money on trying to combat this that they had no other option but to take away restrictions to try and get the economy going again.

On top of that, Boris probably knows that if he'd gone back on his word of not lifting restrictions, he'd have absolutely zero chance of winning the next election.
What about people’s lives though, money isn’t everything

What about people’s lives though, money isn’t everything

For the government, it's about money. For the rest of the UK citizens it's about freedom and not having basic rights taken away from them.

At the end of the day, this pandemic is going to be like a boomerang because modern day society in many countries has given so much entitlement to people in many things that they simply won't accept restrictions and have their liberties taken away.

Cases right now here in Spain are low but I I bet you within a month to 6 weeks we'll have another surge in cases because bars and restaurants are allowed to open at full capacity, football stadiums are allowed to open at full capacity albeit with masks, though, how can you ensure that thousands of people adhere to that? Pre and post match, streets and bars are packed with thousands of people unmasked, drunk, hugging and kissing each other.

That's where the problem lies. People blame governments etc but it's citizens who trigger things that have to be acted on.

For the government, it's about money. For the rest of the UK citizens it's about freedom and not having basic rights taken away from them.

At the end of the day, this pandemic is going to be like a boomerang because modern day society in many countries has given so much entitlement to people in many things that they simply won't accept restrictions and have their liberties taken away.
It wouldn't be so bad if it was set in stone liberties taken away was temporary.Thats the problem.

Back